Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 171 - 180 of 1312 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...132

Forum » Thread

Re: Silver stuff rubbing off my new z-rest
I haven't even hiked with it yet. My hands turned gray like I'd rubbed aluminum powder on them just handling the thing removing excess panels from it. It's more than annoying. I'm n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Silver stuff rubbing off my new z-rest
August 04, 8:08pm

Re: Ultralight and the 10 Essentials
Here in So Cal the most essential essential is water. In fact, you can pretty much leave everything else off the list on day hikes in the Santa Barbara area and be okay, but without sufficient wate...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight and the 10 Essentials
August 04, 8:05pm

Re: Current conversations with JMT hikers
A couple years ago I did a section hike on the JMT and my experience was similar to yours. My pack wasn't even quite as small as yours. It was like everybody I met apologized to me for carrying...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
August 04, 4:58pm

Silver stuff rubbing off my new z-rest
I have a new z-rest and just in handling it in my house getting ready for a trip I have noticed that the silver stuff rubs off and leaves gray on my hands. I use a quilt and sleep directly on the p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Silver stuff rubbing off my new z-rest
August 04, 4:46pm

Re: Back pain while hiking?
There are probably as many reasons for back pain as people. I sometimes get back pain with certain packs, but not others. It tends to be relieved if I can make my pack really tight and hard. I c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Back pain while hiking?
August 04, 4:42pm

Re: Re: Yogurt or buttermilk
No, let's go Chargers!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Yogurt or buttermilk
August 04, 4:38pm

Yogurt or buttermilk
A friend of mine started doing this on the CDT and I have tried it at home and plan to do this on an upcoming trip to Glacier. I'm amazed at how good it works. You can make yogurt or buttermilk...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Yogurt or buttermilk
August 04, 11:09am

Re: Re: Weight training
Yeah, there's a huge myth out there that strength training is the same thing as bodybuilding. It is not. A lot of cyclists and runners have the same myth. Causes people to put in "junk mil...

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
February 26, 7:50am

Re: Re: Re: Strength training to lighten the load
I'm sort of doing Rippetoe's stuff. I couldn't figure out how to do power cleans. I try to follow the form and the basic program. I got overtrained pretty badly on a 3x a week program s...

February 25, 7:58pm

Re: Re: Strength training to lighten the load
I have yet to squat my bodyweight, but I'm deadlifting more than my bodyweight and about half my bodyweight for bench press. No need wait for improvements only after you can squat some ungodly ...

February 25, 7:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.