BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 171 - 180 of 1217 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: To snap pics, or not to snap pics...
I started enjoying my trips much more and taking better pictures when I stopped trying to take great pictures and instead started taking snapshots that tell the story. I'm not a photographer...

In Philosophy & Technique » To snap pics, or not to snap pics...
April 04, 12:02pm

Re: Packing routine
I think it took me a couple weeks on the PCT before I had a routine. I've lost some of my routine since then but retain enough of it that I could probably get it back quickly.

In Philosophy & Technique » Packing routine
April 04, 11:49am

Re: Getting ticketed for stealth camping
I think much of the time we are stealth camping away from the other campers. In other words, doing completely legal "dispersal camping." There is another version of stealth camping that d...

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting ticketed for stealth camping
April 04, 11:47am

Re: Re: Re: My Paleo
Here's my paleo this weekend. One of those US Wellness Pemmican bars (ingredients: beef tallow, dried beef, salt) has about 400 calories and after I eat one I am good to go all day. Prio...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
April 04, 8:01am

Re: Parcho
A parcho and a packa are pretty much the same thing. http://mysite.verizon.net/bgurwell1/parcho.htm

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ponchos vs rain clothes
April 04, 7:16am

Re: Re: Backpacking trips in or around Los Angeles County
I was going to suggest the Piedra Blanca Trail but instead of the Sespe or Willet hot springs head up to Pine Mountain Lodge and beyond, perhaps go to the Fishbowls. 2 years ago the PCT was re-r...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking trips in or around Los Angeles County
April 04, 7:14am

Re: minimalist net tent
I bought mosquito netting from Colghan's (Is that how you spell it?) and sewed it myself without a floor. I have no sewing skills and didn't know what on earth I was doing. I have to lift a...

In Make Your Own Gear » minimalist net tent
April 03, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Minimalist shoe weight
If the shoe is light but has a tight toebox, a steep heel rise and arch support, it's just a light shoe, not a minimalist shoe.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How Much Does a Minimalist Show Weigh ?
April 03, 10:54am

Re: Re: Poisonous Poodle- dog bush
Wow Bob, that looks exactly like the picture I took on the PCT. It was so pretty. I kept walking right up to it to see if it smelled good and to take pictures. I really thought it might be some ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poisonous Poodle- dog bush
April 03, 10:52am

Re: Re: Ponchos vs rain clothes
I have two parcho kits I haven't yet put together. I really wished I had taken the effort before this weekend's trip. Instead, I bought a vinyl poncho I picked up in a gas station. The thin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ponchos vs rain clothes
April 02, 12:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.