Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 171 - 180 of 1487 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...149

Forum » Thread

Re: "Long term dehydration prep for a PCT thruhike"
I know this is a little old, but in my opinion it is better to dry special items only. It's really more financially economical to purchase freeze-dried or dehydrated things than to make your ow...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Long term dehydration prep for a PCT thruhike
March 22, 7:40pm

Re: loose or as a bar
Usually I make Nido yogurt when I'm hiking and I put it in that. I suppose it would be awesome mixed into oatmeal. Coconut oil melts at about 75 degrees and coconut butter is similar so it does...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My delicious high calorie breakfast mix
March 22, 7:51am

Re: Re: My delicious high calorie breakfast mix
I carry it in a ziploc. All the ingredients by themselves last a long time without refrigeration. None of the ingredients go bad. At home I store the opened coconut butter on the shelf and it lasts...

March 21, 6:30pm

My delicious high calorie breakfast mix
I'm planning a trip so I made some of my delicious high calorie breakfast mix. I've brought this other trips and I always look forward to eating it. The ingredients are: - Nuts. - D...

March 21, 5:27pm

Re: Re: Sweet Potatoes
I cook them, mash them, spread the mash on parchment in my dehydrator, dehydrate them, run the dehydrated stuff through the blender to take the sharp edges off, then I'm good to go. So delicious.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » dried sweet potatoes
March 21, 5:16pm

Re: Now liquidating
Oh that is too bad. I really like my GoLite Ultra 20. Now I can't recommend it to anyone.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » GoLite news
October 27, 7:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It pays to be small
> But you can carry so much more weight than I can, plus I'm a wuss. Lets compromise. I will carry stakes and poles, you get the inner and fly? This sounds suspiciously like the current d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » It pays to be small
October 27, 7:05pm

Re: Cant stand oatmet for breakfast anymore...ideas?
I make "granola" out of nuts, seeds and dried fruit coated in melted Artisana coconut butter with pumpkin pie spice (no-grain granola, max calories!) and I eat it with yogurt I make on th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cant stand oatmet for breakfast anymore...ideas?
October 27, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Re: It pays to be small
> Of course, on the trails these long legs do come in handy. With shorter legs I have to take twice as many steps! So you should carry the tent.

October 26, 3:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: It pays to be small
I'm a short (63") stout (135lbs) woman who can squat 175lbs. If you're male, skinny and tall and weigh the same as me, you need to squat about 300lbs to be even with me. So I don't...

October 25, 4:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.