BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 171 - 180 of 1437 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...144

Forum » Thread

high Exertion Winter Layering
For running in cold weather, I usually wear a long-sleeve baselayer and a thin nylon vest, like this: http://www.pearlizumi.com/content/pearlizumi/united-states/en/home/products/men/ride/apparel...

In GEAR » high Exertion Winter Layering
December 09, 10:07am

HMG in PDX and other options coming soon
Matthew, In case you didn't know, Mountain Shop carries HMG packs you can try on. Also, SMD is in Beaverton and should be releasing their new pack line soon. Finally, MLD is going to releas...

In GEAR » Most comfortable lightweight pack?
December 08, 12:13pm

Re: Suggest a mid height WP trail runner
Up to last year, Montrail made a Mountain Masochist Mid Outdry but I don't think they make it this year. You might be able to find it online though, depending on your size.

In GEAR » Suggest a mid height WP trail runner
December 07, 10:06pm

Re: "Light" gear list to shoot for?
I think you should focus on three ways to lighten up your gear: (1) Replace heavier gear with lighter gear. This can (and should) happen over time as you decide what kind of gear you need. The K...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Light" gear list to shoot for?
December 07, 7:59pm

Lightweight, hooded long sleeve shirt options?
Kuhl used to make this hooded button-up sun shirt, now on clearance at REI: http://www.rei.com/product/859456/kuhl-kosmo-hoodie-shirt-mens-2011-closeout

In GEAR » Lightweight, hooded long sleeve shirt options?
December 05, 9:09pm

Multi-use Winter Jacker DAS?
Here's another 100g Primaloft jacket to consider: The First Ascent Igniter http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=43267&&categoryId=27598&categoryName=MENS-F...

In GEAR » Multi-use Winter Jacker DAS?
December 04, 8:53pm

The Other Fly
"Why oh why did they put a fly on the undies that covers my willy? I can bend and roll and still miss the hole, so the (w)hole thing seems rather silly. What's even worse, and seems like...

In GEAR » The Other Fly --The Ridiculous One in your Baselayer
December 04, 8:11am

Re: The Other Fly --The Ridiculous One in your Baselayer
Icebreaker makes wool briefs and boxers w/o a fly.

In GEAR » The Other Fly --The Ridiculous One in your Baselayer
December 04, 12:09am

Hydration bladder with zip and threads for sawyer mini?
Christopher, I think it's easier to have the regular bladder(s) and then have a scoop for water. I use the lower half of an older platypus or MSR bladder. Much easier to fill this and pour f...

In GEAR » Hydration bladder with zip and threads for sawyer mini?
December 02, 2:39pm

Layer education for novice
Tad, I almost always seem to have 4 layers with me. The first 2 can be worn separately or together; the windshirt paired with either or both for wind, warmth or light misty weather). The rain sh...

In GEAR » Layer education for novice
November 30, 12:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.