BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 171 - 180 of 916 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Drink Powder Re-Packaging
One problem you may have is the powder being sucked into the machine whan vacume packing it

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Drink Powder Re-Packaging
July 28, 2:21pm

Tahoe-yosemite final gear list
I leave tommorow to go white water rafting with my family and leave for california immedietly after I return so this is my last day to post my gear list I plan to post a trip report when I return s...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
July 28, 9:57am

Ryans Woodgas stove stand
I completed the final peice of my stove last night, the pot stand. I am not sure If it will hold up in high heat I would test it, but it has been raining for the past 4 days and is supossed to c...

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade Downdraft Gassifier Wood Buring Stove
June 27, 9:49am

Re: Re: Ryans Woodgas stove
thanks for mentioning the absence of smoke when using the stove, I remember this now that someone said it, I guess I just did not notice while using it, Another great advantage to this design.

June 23, 7:49pm

Re: Arctic 1000-- the spectators
Nothin wrong with the mountaineer quotations, right KD :-) I have been very suprised with all the negative comments from people, mabey Ryan should have written some comment ethics for his site. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ryan's Journey
June 23, 2:05pm

Ryans Woodgas stove Test
I lit up the stove this afternoon, but right after lighting it, I found my camera was out of charge, so no pictures, sory. I tested it anyway. I was very happy with the performance the gassifac...

June 17, 2:07pm

Re: Re: Chocolate and backpacking?
Fav. High calorie trail foods. King sized Snickers-510 King sized Hersheys-480 1/2cup almonds-340 Bear valley pemmican bar-440 Pro bar-380 CLiff bar-240 power bars-240 6 oreos-420 1/2cup...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chocolate and backpacking?
June 16, 7:12pm

Re: Ersatz Ursack
Thanks Al, Interesting idea. I would do it, but I am sure my dad would not approve. I took the tights off the list, I actually completely changed my clothing list. I am wearing running shorts...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
June 15, 5:34pm

Re: Re: Books To Walk To?
I enjoyed "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson and "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakaur one is about hiking on the AT, and the other is about a disasterous Everest expedition. I also want to rea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Books To Walk To?
June 14, 8:20pm

Re: Re: Ryans Woodgas stove
Miguel, Do you think drilling some small holes on the inner cans side at the very bottom would help? The two can bottoms are about 1/3 inch from each other that may not be enough, some holes on...

June 14, 8:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm