Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 171 - 180 of 484 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...49

Forum » Thread

The whiny thread
I still can't figure out how to get the two little dots above the 'u' in uberlight! I want to at least spell it right if I won't be able to acheive that status, it just sounds uber-...

In Chaff » The whiny thread
January 02, 5:55pm

SEKI-One Week, 75 Miles Or so
Thanks Tom, That is the area I was looking at. It looks appealing, but pretty rugged!

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI-One Week, 75 Miles Or so
January 01, 8:11pm

JMT logistics questions
Konrad, I don't want to 'hi-jack' the thread too much, but I have been trying to pare down my water treatment weight for awhile and am open to try a couple of options. Right now, I carr...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT logistics questions.
January 01, 3:35pm

Ken, I found Longley Pass on the map, but didn't find Sphinx Col. I can kind of calculate where it is at based on topography, but not sure. I think this summer will be a great year to do any cr...

January 01, 3:19pm

JMT logistics questions
Rob, If you are doing the JMT in 10 - 12 days, I really don't see any reason to exit to Onion Valley or have packers re-supply you. One option is obscenely expensive, and the other is not reall...

December 31, 6:24pm

"JMT logistics questions."
You will love the JMT. 10 - 12 days is a reasonable length of time for the trip. As far as water goes along the way, you will find creeks, lakes or rivers all along the way so I wouldn't 's...

December 30, 3:07pm

Still haven't received a PM, assume my 'long-shot' is a 'no-go', no worries! After talking it over with my hiking partners, we decided to stick with our original plan of hiking ...

December 29, 7:21am

Ken, I was away over Christmas. I wasn't sure if you were going to PM or I was supposed to. I will shoot you a PM later this evening.

December 27, 8:41pm

Z-Pack Hex Solo
Of course they are! Merry Christmas Bob and everyone else on BPL.

In GEAR » Z-Pack Hex Solo
December 24, 12:29pm

Z-Pack Hex Solo
Here are a couple shots of the Hex Solo set-up with a few Christmas decorations. The ground was rock hard so I did'nt do the greatest set-up job ever, but it gives you an idea what it looks lik...

In GEAR » Z-Pack Hex Solo
December 24, 12:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm