BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 171 - 180 of 457 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...46

Forum » Thread

Talk me out of an Exos 58
I sold off my Exos 46 because of the hipbelt. It wasn't comfortable after a few miles. The Exos 58 is a large volume pack, it depends on what your carrying, but it may be too much. I love my Ta...

In GEAR » Talk me out of an Exos 58
December 15, 9:50pm

New Zimmerbuilt cuben pack
Sweet pack! I am waiting for a Zimmerbuilt pack of my own. Chris has been great to work with on figuring out the features available, and what I needed in a pack. I don't know if he does it part...

In GEAR » New Zimmerbuilt cuben pack
December 12, 8:23pm

2012 Golite Jam
Travis, My two cents worth on the comparison between the Osprey Talon 44 and the GoLite Jam, is the Osprey is significantly more comfortable. After doing some strap removals and some small tweaks w...

In GEAR » 2012 Golite Jam
December 08, 7:25am

"Horse slaughter poised to resume in U.S. -- with PETA's approval?"
Living in Nevada and seeing the damage wild horses, 'hooved locusts', cause the environment and watering holes, I would suggest donating a few hundred of them from Nevada to start a feed th...

In Chaff » Horse slaughter poised to resume in U.S. -- with PETA's approval?
December 02, 4:10pm

"How do YOU pack your bear canister?"
I pack mine vertically on top for easy access throughout the day. I own a Bearikade Weekender and it is one limiting factor in pack selection in finding a pack that it will work with. I am breaking...

In GEAR » How do YOU pack your bear canister?
December 02, 8:06am

Golite Jam vs. SMD Swift
Conner, I have owned a Swift and now own a Jam, (which I will be selling soon for a Zimmermade pack). The Swift will hold a lot of gear and is very comfortable if you use a Z-rest for your sleep pa...

In GEAR » Golite Jam vs. SMD Swift
November 30, 7:24am

Injinji Socks
I'm in the same boat as Elizabeth on this issue. I thought they did a decent job of preventing some blisters, but I think 'airing' out your socks and feet regularly work better for me a...

In GEAR » Injinji Socks
November 29, 9:23pm

FS: MLD,Zpacks,ULA, and more
PM'ed on Superlight bivy. Let me know if it becomes, or is still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD,Zpacks,ULA, and more
November 28, 7:22am

Dont buy this jacket
Eric, It's not that I don't agree with you that people are free to purchase what they want, but your words don't match up with what you responses have to say on that. When you toss word...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dont buy this jacket ...
November 25, 5:31pm

Dont buy this jacket
Eric, Did you have a bad run-in with Patagonia in the past? I'm just curious because everytime I see something negative regarding Patagonia, I see you in the middle of it. I may of missed some ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dont buy this jacket ...
November 25, 2:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm