Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Dial (romandial) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale packrafting NZ
About Me A middle aged man, married, fattening up.
CityAnchorage
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Dial

Showing 171 - 180 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re:Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
BD She'll only sleep in a megamid if the ground bug density is low. Australia and tropics and warm temperate are out -- however, arctic, boreal, cool temperate, and alpine are fine. Mu...

In Philosophy & Technique » Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
December 08, 5:38pm

Re: Re: John Muir Trail - again
Yep, Aaron, trail doesn't care, but you do AR, so you are familiar with how comp can motivate! >On all of the "Outright" JMT record holders or fast attempts, they where still qu...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » John Muir Trail - again
December 08, 12:35am

Re: Re: Grocery store options
AK Pen in winter!! Serious hard core -- only grumpy bears left then and bad, bad weather. Did you try the NGS Expeditions Council for a grant? Or Malden Mills? Then you could pay for some pilot dro...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Grocery store options
December 07, 10:19pm

Re: Can't post pictures
same problem fer me! and why did our BPL ranks plummet -- wa sit 'cause we disagreed with some other poster? ;)

In Photo Gallery » Snakes and Such
December 07, 10:12pm

Re: John Muir Trail - again
In Alaska we have the Wilderness Classic race -- head to head competition has always really spurred some on to amazing times such as 150 miles in 2 days 4 hours (50 miles boating); 160 miles in 1 d...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » John Muir Trail - again
December 07, 10:09pm

Re: Soft Shell Mystery
Yea Richard, your answer is good -- boundary layer -- same reason alpine plants have fuzzy leaves?

In GEAR » Soft Shell Mystery
December 07, 10:03pm

Re: Re: 600 mile shoes
Robert, Both shoes' laces did wear out -- but i was able to tie a little bowline to fix em. This was a small bit to pay for the convenience of the tie-less cordlock and fray-less laces. I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking Alone
December 07, 9:40pm

Re: Roman Dial's shoes
Please, all collections, donations, and pay raises accepted! Heh, but don't those Saloman shoes look pretty good after 600 miles of off-trail walkin?

December 06, 10:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Solo, bears,...
The grumpy part....arctic bears seem to have a more difficult life than the coastal brownnies. Coastal brownies are well fed and happy. Artci bears seem hungry and testy. They follow you and run ov...

December 05, 11:22am

Re: Solo, bears,...
Arctic Grizz: hungry, curious, and above all grumpy....

December 04, 11:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Roman Dial

Roman Dial has posted no reviews.