BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 171 - 180 of 942 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...95

Forum » Thread

Re: EN 13537 and LOFT
You can cross reference the fill weights of EN-rated Marmot and Montbell bags with the fill weights and loft reported by Western Mountaineering. Keep in mind the EN rating is based on having a R5-r...

In GEAR » EN 13537 and LOFT
February 23, 6:49pm

Re: Rab Jacket
Yes, but you are in kind of pickle here because a 3.5oz of 800FP down still won't be warm on its own for a female standing around at 25F even with base layer and 100wt fleece. It's gonna ne...

In GEAR » Mid layer down jacket for tall female
February 22, 9:45pm

Re: FIRST ASCENT DOWNLIGHT
Now that I reread your op Lindsey, not sure why you are looking for another down piece to keep you warm in the 20's when you just got a Neutrino, which is good down to ~15F.

February 22, 5:25pm

Re: Arcteryx Nuclei - my new favorite jacket
Still, that's a lot of cabbage for a synth jacket. Probably a good warmth/weight ratio. Too bad it doesn't stay that way since the synth degrades with every use.

In Gear Deals » arc teryx nuclei & MH thermostatic hooded <$145
February 22, 8:55am

Re: Montbell
For static use in temps in the 20's (F) you need to move up a class from the typical UL parka. 4oz of 900 fill minimum for a man. 5-7oz would be better for a woman. Your best bets are the Golit...

February 22, 12:22am

Re: Mid layer down jacket for tall female
Eddie Bauer makes their Downlight Hooded jackets in Tall sizes for both men and women. They have ~4oz 800FP down and 20d shell fabrics. Should be regularly on sale for under $100 in the coming months.

February 21, 8:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Fit on different MB models...
Chad, I had the same thing happen with a USA Thermawrap Pro I got at good price. USA EX Light in XL from 2011 fit perfect. The 2012 Thermawrap Pro in XL was HUGE with my hands completely disappeari...

In GEAR » Video review of my new Montbell Mirage jacket.
February 20, 8:32pm

Re: Video review of my new Montbell Mirage jacket.
Dude, 6min of you talking into the camera rationalizing your insulation choice. I wanted to SEE THE JACKET...how it fits...how lofty it is...feature set. Next time, remember the old maxim "a p...

In GEAR » Video review of my new Montbell Mirage jacket.
February 19, 6:45pm

Re: Camera
The Nikon 1 All Weather is about as small you can get now in fully waterproof/shock resistant camera with the fastest/best AF in the new class of mirroless ICL cameras.

In Photography » New camera
February 19, 6:04pm

Re: Re: eVent jackets (again)
eh? AFAIK, GE doesn't put manufacturing, marketing and design restrictions on OEM's making pieces with their fabric. Makers are free to be loosey goosey to do whatever they want. Gore is at...

In GEAR » eVent jackets (again)
February 19, 5:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.