Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 171 - 180 of 680 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...68

Forum » Thread

CT fire
Now there's a fire near Strontia Springs reservoir in segment 1 and in Black Canyon near the end of segment 4. Edit: Had my TH's confused. It's past Long Gulch TH in segment 5.

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 24, 7:35pm

CT segment 1 is closed as well
They've closed CT segment 1 as well.

June 20, 11:35am

Re: "CT segment 2 closed due to fire"
Perhaps you have a better view of the fire from Oregon Bob. :) No. It's about 2 miles due north of segment 2 by the intersection of Foxton and River roads. Or 5 miles from my house. So I hav...

June 19, 8:26pm

CT segment 2 closed due to fire
The Lime Gulch fire is burning close to segment 2 of the CT. Probably less than 2 miles. The evacuation area is a 3 mile radius of the fire. The CT Facebook page is saying the sheriff department is...

June 19, 7:19pm

Re: "What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?"
"I frequently have CharlieDog off leash...and I started doing this for both our safety. I found that while he was on the lead, he would lunge at every single hiker we passed." Jen, hav...

In Philosophy & Technique » What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
June 18, 8:45am

Re: What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
I carry Spray Shield (citronella spray) when I have a dog with me, which is almost always. Haven't used it yet but a dog trainer recommended it to me. Almost used it last week walking near my h...

In Philosophy & Technique » What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
June 17, 1:09pm

Fire bans on the CT
Currently there are fire bans affecting the first 6 segments of the CT which go through Jefferson and Park counties. Looks like another bad fire year for Colorado. Please be careful out there. h...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Fire bans on the CT
June 12, 5:59pm

Re: Apples and Oranges
"And I really, really need to just make myself go on a solo trip. Just me and the pooch......." There you go. But don't make the mistake I made this morning. I said "Wanna go ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight and the 10 Essentials
June 07, 11:33am

Re: Puppy wants a kitty
Our pup also wanted a kitty. So we got him one. Surprisingly, it came in a box: It's one weird cat. It's obsessed with boxes.

In Chaff » Puppy wants a kitty
June 03, 11:24am

CT segment 1 through Waterton Canyon closed 6/5 through 6/7
May 28, 2013 - Waterton Canyon will be closed to public access from Wednesday, June 5, through Friday, June 7, for annual maintenance work. Neither the parking lot at the canyon's entrance nor ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 1 through Waterton Canyon closed 6/5 through 6/7
June 01, 10:05am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.