BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 171 - 180 of 583 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Some random points
"You need look no further than this thread to find actual anti-dog people. Anyone advocating violence against an animal simply because it approaches off-leash is anti-dog." That's ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
September 07, 9:07pm

Really?
"4. Leashes aren't panacea. It just takes a trip to the dog park to see untrained dogs lunging and yanking their owners around to know this. Often, I'd rather a friendly but excitable ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
September 07, 8:38pm

No boots for me
Trailrunners work for me and I always thought of myself as having weak ankles and needing boots until I tried them. I haven't had an issue using them anywhere. Including snowshoeing. Combined w...

In GEAR » Has anyone gone back to wearing boots after trying shoes?
September 07, 3:47pm

RE: I doubt it
"Look up the dogs I referenced. I will give $100 cash to anyone with the balls to spray ammonia, pepper spray or even a lit flamethrower at any of the three described dogs. Internet Heros may ...

September 07, 9:09am

Re: Mine are off leash and I dare you to object
"Frankly, our three dogs are too large and powerful to hike with leashed, because they pull and surge too much. It's not safe for us. We could get knocked over in an instant. " Trai...

September 06, 8:37pm

Re: Real dogs
Sure, BC's are dynamite at herding (and most everything else for that matter). But they are trained specifically for that. That does not mean that there isn't something that will cause them...

September 06, 8:27pm

Chicken
Thanks Sarah. I'll be near a Target before I leave for my trip so I'll check them out.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Splitting a chicken pouch between 2 dinners/ how long does cooked turkey bacon last?
September 02, 2:04pm

Splitting a chicken pouch between 2 dinners/ how long does cooked turkey bacon last?
The only packaged chicken I know I can get is in 5 oz cans and 7 oz pouches. 3.5 oz would work fine for me. How quickly will the chicken go bad once you open the pouch? I'd love to be able to b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Splitting a chicken pouch between 2 dinners/ how long does cooked turkey bacon last?
September 02, 11:00am

Snakes and tyvek
I forgot all about this until my daughter was carrying around a snake today. I grabbed some tyvek and the snake moved across it with no problem at all. So there's the answer.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snakes, groundsheets and Tyvek
September 01, 5:59pm

Re: "Maroon Bells, Four Pass Loop"
Hi Eric, I think it's harder going counter clockwise. But you get the 2 tougher passes out of the way first. What's your plan? It will be plenty busy on a holiday weekend. I recommend...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Maroon Bells, Four Pass Loop
August 30, 10:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.