BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 171 - 180 of 1556 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...156

Forum » Thread

Re: Update: we visited Sierra Designs to see how they test DriDown
Craig, Thank you for asking good probing questions and sharing the answers with us!

In GEAR » 3 new test videos: Sierra Designs DriDown vs. untreated down
April 16, 7:34pm

Re: Similar test, opposite results!
In 2006 I asked a dog trainer to test OP Saks for me and he came to a similar conclusion to Mary's. His forum post was as follows: POSTED BY paul johnson (pj - M) SUBJECT Re: OP Sac Tes...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 11, 10:31am

Re: calculating necessary insulation
Peter, 3.41 oz. There will be no perceptible insulation difference (wind or no wind) between 10d and 20d shells since they are both down-proof fabrics for this application.

In GEAR » Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
March 27, 7:12pm

Re: Jacket
Christoph, You can BPL forum search my related past posts on these topics. The multi-part answers are far too long and complicated for me to repeat. Your camp chores MET rate will average 1....

March 27, 11:53am

Re: logical answer..
Christoph, The 1.5 MET rate your stated activity is less than the 1.75 MET average for camp chores; this requires a warmer jacket for the same temperature. The lowest anticipated temperature is ...

March 27, 9:28am

Re: Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
Christoph, Your question has no logical answer unless you specify the minimum temperature you must be comfortable standing around for 2-3 hours.

March 26, 1:29pm

Re: Wind Pant Fabrics: Montbell Dynamo vs. Montane Featherlite
AW, The Featherlite is 4.8x more breathable than the Dynamo. I cannot hear either material when worn, but I have poor high frequency hearing.

In GEAR » Wind Pant Fabrics: Montbell Dynamo vs. Montane Featherlite
March 24, 8:54pm

Re: Your FAVORITE trail meal ever
Please explain how you made the Pad Thai, since it wasn't a commercially available freeze dried meal?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Your FAVORITE trail meal ever
March 24, 1:56pm

Re: Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
Great trip report... thank you!

In Post-Trip Reports » Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
March 20, 11:51am

Re: DWR
Simas, http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=70722

In GEAR » Marmot Ion vs. Patagonia Houdini
March 17, 4:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm