BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 171 - 180 of 1534 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: CLO confirmation
Ross, 2.32

In GEAR » CLO confirmation
February 21, 8:34pm

Re: CLO confirmation
Ben, Your Peak XV value is for the pre-current version. The current version is 6.20.

In GEAR » CLO confirmation
February 21, 1:40pm

Re: Which is more breathable: Marmot Gravity softshell jacket, or a Marmot Driclime shirt?
Travis, The Gravity is speced at 15 CFM and I lab tested the Driclime at ~24 CFM.

In GEAR » Which is more breathable: Marmot Gravity softshell jacket, or a Marmot Driclime shirt?
February 18, 4:31pm

Re: Patagonia Houdini wind jacket compared to Brooks Range LSD II wind jacket
Isn't that windshirt made by Brooks instead of Brooks Range?

In GEAR » Patagonia Houdini wind jacket compared to Brooks Range LSD II wind jacket
February 15, 10:05pm

CA - Thinning Silicone with Klean Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits Problem
In 2010 I tried to thin GE Silicone II with Kean-Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits (the only brand stocked at the Home Depot in my town). It didn't set completely after a few days (I don’t recal...

In GEAR » CA - Thinning Silicone with Klean Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits Problem
February 12, 3:14pm

Re: Re: Kovea Spider Inverted Canister Stove - More reviews?
Jim, Will the stove head work well inside of a titanium Caldera cone? In inverted mode, with no pot, does the feed line tend to invert the stove like happens with the old style MSR WindPro?

In GEAR » Kovea Spider Inverted Canister Stove - More reviews?
February 08, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Air beam/Klymit frame support for backpacks
Can an Air beam/Klymit frame fit in the the Golite Jam foam sheet compartment?

In GEAR » Air beam/Klymit frame support for backpacks
February 06, 12:53pm

Re: re: The Yellowstone
David, I was in that area with my packraft and talked to the ranger 2 years ago. He said, "We don't have the budget to provide litter clean-up and rescues on the river. That is why we o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Yellowstone River Packrafting
February 06, 12:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Montbell Plasma - nice reply
It is totally different.

In GEAR » Montbell Plasma 1000
February 05, 5:43pm

Re: Montbell Plasma - nice reply
What Ryan and Craig are missing is the POSSIBILITY that the MB Plasma's 1000 FP is achieved by the AeonClad Technology, or similar, process rather than non-sustainable conditioning. The schedul...

In GEAR » Montbell Plasma 1000
February 05, 5:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm