BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 171 - 180 of 1577 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: TGO Challenge 2013 – Crossing Scotland from the Atlantic to the North Sea
Manfred, Thank you for a GREAT trip report!

In Post-Trip Reports » TGO Challenge 2013 – Crossing Scotland from the Atlantic to the North Sea
May 27, 4:18pm

Re: Re: Arcteryx Squamish Gossamera Fabric
Gossamera is still produced and they still use it for the face fabric of jackets like the Atom SV Hoody.

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
May 27, 12:10pm

Re: Montbell Tachyon
Jackuchu, I have not tested a Montbell Tachyon but, I have tested the SAME APPARENT Montbell 7 denier ballistic rip stop used in their EX Light. It tested 9.72 CFM.

May 27, 10:38am

Arcteryx Squamish Gossamera Fabric
The Arcteryx fabric that had exceptionally high breathability (101 CFM) was Gossamera. It was available from 2007 - 2008 uncoated (according to the Arcteryx Shop Manuals). They have coated the Goss...

May 27, 10:09am

Re: Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer windshirt
David, I haven't tested the breathability of this wind shirt but I know it is less than 10 CFM. The Whisperer 7Dx10D rip-stop nylon is used for both the MH wind-shirt and down jacket. In ...

May 25, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: Houdini alternates
Brian, I agree that the weave appears identical in most views. The interstice micrograph indicates the only difference is in increased tension for the 2013 Houdini's vertically oriented rip-...

May 25, 1:56pm

Re: Re: Re: re: Houdini alternates
Brian, Yes, it is the interstice pattern differences. The following images were taken in a dimly lit room; a digital microscope with the light source from the bottom was used to capture the i...

May 25, 10:40am

Re: re: Houdini alternates
David, You said, "Richard, I assume the dramatic reduction in CFM and boost in HH is due to a more substantial Epic-esque DWR? It appears that the weave pattern is identical between the ...

May 23, 3:29pm

Re: Re: Re: re: Houdini alternates
Peter and Tom, In addition to your post, I received an email from a very knowledgeable fabric related forum member in Europe (Tom Van Wauwe). He said, " Montane lists the air-permeability f...

May 23, 12:21pm

Re: re: Houdini alternates
David, I haven't tested a Rab Cirrus but, the Moosejaw specs list the material as Pertex Quantum with a weight of 36 g/m2. The Montane China website lists the air permeability for this fa...

May 22, 8:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm