BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 171 - 180 of 1561 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Video
Jim, The video displays fine on my iPhone 5. What OS/browser are you using on your smart phone?

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Fry Bake Gear and Technique (Video)
May 01, 12:34pm

Re: Re: Can an iPhone 5 GPS, on Verizon, use the GPS without having the cellular radio running?
Nathan, The numbers are for an iPhone 4 running on the ATT network. I asked about an iPhone 5 on the Verizon network.

In GEAR » iPhone GPS: disabling cell service
April 22, 2:24pm

Can an iPhone 5 GPS, on Verizon, use the GPS without having the cellular radio running?
Has anyone tested this?

In GEAR » iPhone GPS: disabling cell service
April 22, 1:37pm

Re: Escalante and the Waterpocket Fold
Brendan, Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure. Your pictures and narrative were FABULOUS!

In Post-Trip Reports » Escalante and the Waterpocket Fold
April 18, 9:01pm

Re: Re: Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec
Mark and Stephen correctly evaluated and positioned the relative breathability of MP PU coatings such as MB's. In my lab tests they averaged only .17 CFM versus eVent which tested in the range...

In GEAR » Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec
April 17, 6:08pm

Re: Update: we visited Sierra Designs to see how they test DriDown
Craig, Thank you for asking good probing questions and sharing the answers with us!

In GEAR » 3 new test videos: Sierra Designs DriDown vs. untreated down
April 16, 7:34pm

Re: Similar test, opposite results!
In 2006 I asked a dog trainer to test OP Saks for me and he came to a similar conclusion to Mary's. His forum post was as follows: POSTED BY paul johnson (pj - M) SUBJECT Re: OP Sac Tes...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 11, 10:31am

Re: calculating necessary insulation
Peter, 3.41 oz. There will be no perceptible insulation difference (wind or no wind) between 10d and 20d shells since they are both down-proof fabrics for this application.

In GEAR » Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
March 27, 7:12pm

Re: Jacket
Christoph, You can BPL forum search my related past posts on these topics. The multi-part answers are far too long and complicated for me to repeat. Your camp chores MET rate will average 1....

March 27, 11:53am

Re: logical answer..
Christoph, The 1.5 MET rate your stated activity is less than the 1.75 MET average for camp chores; this requires a warmer jacket for the same temperature. The lowest anticipated temperature is ...

March 27, 9:28am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm