BPL Community Profile

Lynn Tramper (retropump) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Antipodes of La Coruna
About Me Lynn Tramper has not added a biography yet.
CountryThe Antipodes

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lynn Tramper

Showing 171 - 180 of 3344 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...335

Forum » Thread

Re: : Ultralight Hunting - is it ethical
I, too, wondered about the 'Ultralight' in the title. Hunting is about as far from UL as you can get. I take my hat off to those hunters who are willing, at no financial cost to me, to ca...

In Chaff » Ultralight Hunting - is it ethical
August 17, 2:43pm

Re: Creating 1" slots/gaps in blue cell foam to allow down to expand under you?
"From a thermodynamics standpoint, the solid mat of blue CCF provides a better insulating barrier under you than going and cutting a bunch of holes in it hoping that your sleeping bag down may...

In GEAR » Creating 1" slots/gaps in blue cell foam to allow down to expand under you?
August 17, 2:21pm

Re: Ultralight Hunting - is it ethical
I was a vegan for 20 years, and part of my reasons were 'respect' for other living things. Now I am merely 'mostly' vegetarian. When I do eat meat, I make sure it comes from wild g...

In Chaff » Ultralight Hunting - is it ethical
August 16, 9:18pm

Re: Salami
There are so many different meat products called 'salami' that you need to be an educated consumer. The ones that keep best are hung (at room temperature) for months, often have a white mo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » salami
August 16, 4:36pm

Re: How would you have done this differently (I was too cold)?
Although many people love the freedom a quilt gives them, I have never really felt toasty in one in cold conditions, unless I also carry a bivy bag. It doesn't have to be a heavy or waterproof...

In GEAR » How would you have done this differently (I was too cold)?
August 16, 4:16pm

Re: Redundant Items
This is OT, but something I do (occasionally) is to practice making a fire and pitching my shelter using only my non-dominant hand. This is to 'practice' for the unlikely event that one ha...

In GEAR » Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
August 14, 9:30pm

Hi Brian Just curious if you have ever tried this for real: "if I was hypothermic it would make a big difference if I could build a fire faster and with shaky cold hands when everything ...

August 14, 8:16pm

I would also consider a knife to be a redundant item...for me. I DO carry a very small knife to cut salami and cheese, etc...but hardly an essential item that I couldn't live without. However...

August 14, 5:39pm

RE: Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
I basically agree with Dena. There is no right or wrong answer to what any of us should carry as backup, but hearing what others consider essential is very informative. At the very least, It cons...

August 14, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: cholesterol levels
"Since I started Paleo (or Primal really) I eat eggs almost everyday in the form of quiche. Whole eggs, not whites. I was wondering if that's what raised my total cholesterol. My quiche ha...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
August 06, 4:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Lynn Tramper

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Trail Designs SideWinder for AGG 2qt pot
First of all, apologies for cross-posting this review. I initially put it n the cookware category and can't move it (Mods feel free to delete the other review). I have been using this cook syst...

In Stoves - Other
October 18, 12:50pm

Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian
I want to love this pack, I really do. It is comfortable, it is roomy enough for most trips, it fits well, carries heavier laods well, and has all the feature I could want in a pack (I got extra poc...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 17, 7:17pm

Trail designs SideWinder
I have been using this cook system for the last few months, and it is by far the best offering that the folks at Trail Designs has yet come up with. My system is designed to fit around, AND in th...

In Cookware - Other
October 17, 6:53pm

Packa s/m 2008 model
I thought it better to keep the Packa reviews in one place, so this applies to the 2009 medium/large Packa. To be honest, I wanted a Roger Caffin style poncho, but could see it was going to take me m...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 18, 1:57pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
I use these for around camp and sleep wear, so have not (yet) had any problems with durability. For my main use they are simply brilliant. This merino is the frist wool I've found that isn't...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 18, 12:23pm

Trail Designs Caldera Keg
This cool little cookset is just perfect for my solo trips. "The lightest , most stable, wind resistant, and efficient cooking system you can buy." says the Trail Designs website, and I don...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:41pm

Antigravity Gear 2 liter pot
I also have the anodised version of this pot. True about the slippery issue, but a few seconds with and orbital sander on the bottom solved the problem. I have used this pot for several years fo...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:34pm

Trail Designs and Titanium Goat Ti-Tri
I have carried this "stove" for 14 nights in the field now, and it has become my go-to stove. Even after 7 days of continuous rain, I was able to find enough dry-ish wood to cook AND have a ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 15, 6:25pm

Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts
Please note: I am reviewing the 2005 version of this glove. I found the basic design/shape of this glove to be good (I like the gauntlet style), but the insulation was a joke. Extremely flat, low l...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 07, 6:27pm

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
These are my all time favourites. They've kept me comfortable in everything from snowboarding to windswept ridge hikes to calm and hot uphill hikes. They are comfortable, light, and dry in an in...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 11:58am