BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 171 - 180 of 7110 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...711

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: She throws like a girl!
hormones would explain why men are better at athletics that require muscle mass like football I think "throwing like a girl" is a metaphor for something like science or engineering tha...

In Chaff » She throws like a girl!
June 29, 8:49am

Re: Snow levels in Washington
When you say Trout Lake I assume you mean South Washington No snow at Crofton Butte 5200 feet just SW of Mt Adams June 12 or so http://www.portlandhikers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19303 ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snow levels in Washington
June 28, 9:32pm

Re: Re: She throws like a girl!
interviewed males and females of various ages. asked to "throw like a girl". they did it awkwardly. and "fighting like a girl". girls less than puberty did not behave like th...

June 28, 9:13pm

Re: Re: Size
Maybe walk around in the grass. On a steep slope. See if you can get them to work good there where you have access to things like pliers. Out in the wilderness it will be harder to fix them.

In GEAR » Kahtoola Microspikes fit properly?
June 28, 7:55pm

Re: Re: Easy to judge
"maybe we should look to just how "perfectly" China handles it." That doesn't work very well in China and would work even less well here. Absurd to even imagine the gove...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
June 28, 7:52pm

Re: Re
I was thinking that too, but then I thought maybe was that girls get screwed up sometime after puberty.

June 28, 5:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Easy to judge
"Governments continue to enforce various "environmental" taxes and have done for years, yet do absolutely nothing with it." Cars keep getting better mileage, a lot because of...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
June 28, 5:38pm

Re: Thank you
Sometimes better walking on snow than loose gravel. Depending on which hour on which day, the snow can be icy, postholeing, or easier than other surfaces. Snow tends to be more consolidated thi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snow levels in 3 Sisters wilderness, Oregon
June 28, 5:32pm

Re: She throws like a girl!
What about phrases like "get some balls" when you're suggesting someone be more assertive? Is that saying women aren't assertive? Does using that phrase tend to make women l...

June 28, 5:29pm

Re: Kahtoola Microspikes fit properly?
Was the rubber band around the outside tight? Sometimes you have to kind of pull on them a little. Adjust. Wiggle around. Get them to be tight. Walk on them a little and then re-adjust. T...

In GEAR » Kahtoola Microspikes fit properly?
June 28, 5:07pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.