BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 171 - 180 of 7352 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...736

Forum » Thread

Re: Oh do tell!
Rather than having security forces on all borders and a big brother/police state, somehow get the Israelis and Palestinians to make peace, de-criminalize drugs, support governments that are more de...

In Chaff » The Nazis have nothing on these folks
August 11, 7:46am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Adventurer vs. Ultra
Yeah, many happy Steripen users, I wouldn't recommend against it, I could even imagine trying it again

In GEAR » Roll-Up Soft Bottle + Steripen recommendations
August 10, 7:55pm

Re: Re: verification
Little bit of a gpx file - just the first two points of a track: ACTIVE LOG 006 Transparent 1151.316162 2014-07-02T21...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
August 10, 7:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Adventurer vs. Ultra
I tried rechargeable CR123s on Adventurer Opti and they didn't last hardly at all I bought 4 Energizer non rechargeable CR123s. The first 2 treated about half as many liters as advertised. ...

August 10, 6:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Roll-Up Soft Bottle + Steripen recommendations"
http://www.ultrunr.com/giardia.html The Rockwell article Buck Nelson goes into that ad nauseum, very interesting, you got to look at all those threads of which I gave one My take-away was ...

August 10, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Roll-Up Soft Bottle + Steripen recommendations"
It's just what I think : ) Buck Nelson has put lots of good info, for example http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=68224 or ...

August 10, 3:21pm

Re: Re: Roll-Up Soft Bottle + Steripen recommendations
I used cut off 2 liter soda bottle. Made marks at the 1 liter level. weighs 0.75 oz Only problem is, it doesn't roll up to use minimum space in pack, but I have a place on top where it d...

August 10, 2:45pm

Re: Re: "Roll-Up Soft Bottle + Steripen recommendations"
Steripen says to wipe untreated water off threads with bandana Yeah, it seems like bandana might have parasites on it I don't think it matters much either way, not enough parasites on ban...

August 10, 2:42pm

Re: Re: Re: 2 liter Platy
1 "drop" is maybe 1/20th of a mL so there are 20,000 drops per liter if you had 1 drop of untreated water in 1 liter, then 99.998% of the water would be treated. Steripen adverti...

August 10, 11:49am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Antidote to Manipulation? Knowledge.
I raise your "patriot act" with "the department of homeland security" Wasn't that a Nazi term? It should be abolished and broken back up into the agencies that were before.

In Chaff » The Nazis have nothing on these folks
August 10, 10:54am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.