Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 171 - 180 of 9178 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Prius
yeah, I do sort of love Obama he keeps doing such lovable things too bad other Democrats don't jump on the bandwagon. They would do better than run away from him whenever something is te...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 08, 12:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Population Bomb
people used to say wind produced insignificant fraction of electricity so was irrelevant now, it produces 20% in U.S.? Increasing with time. it would be over-reacting to immediately end all ...

In Chaff » Population Bomb
July 08, 9:07am

Re: Re: Toyota Pious vs sensible cars
what are you doing posting about quantitative easing on the internets, Kat, when you could be walking around in Swiss Alps???? : ) love pictures

July 08, 8:56am

Re: Population Bomb
yes, interesting funny how, in 1960, Time magazine showed a black woman's breast on the cover It bothers me when people gush over a family greater than two or three.

In Chaff » Population Bomb
July 08, 8:41am

Re: Toyota Pious vs sensible cars
No, those were not plug in hybrids, just regular hybrids, didn't use any power from grid. Wrong as usual Rog : ) What really looks good to me though, are those European diesels. They maybe...

July 08, 7:56am

Re: Re: Re: My education from a white Southerner
when SC voted to put flag up, that was freedom of expression. The feds never told them to take it down. apparently, the legislature is voting to take flag down - not violation of freedom of ex...

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
July 08, 7:35am

Russia losing interest in Ukraine
Just one article with one opinion: http://news.yahoo.com/russia-cuts-off-power-supplies-ukraine-rebels-kiev-155519945.html;_ylt=A0SO8yd6XJxVIg4ArjdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyYjk1Z2swBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMx...

In Chaff » Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
July 07, 9:13pm

Re: re
toyota didn't fail the moment subsidies ended prius continued to be successful after subsidies ended that's what you said which was incorrect GM continues to be successful after go...

July 07, 5:22pm

Re: Soto MicroRegulator vs. Soto Windmaster
Nice video and test I only have Windmaster It seems to me like Windmaster does better in wind than other stoves I have, but I still want to have a windscreen I like to run the stove at slo...

In GEAR » canister stove with truly great simmer/flame adjustability?
July 07, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Record heats
just glancing at toyota site, Prious gets 44 - 51 MPG city, non hybrid cars 21-30 Prious gets almost factor of 2 better mileage so corresponding less CO2

July 07, 4:01pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.