Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 171 - 180 of 8278 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...828

Forum » Thread

Re: sample
most fleece stretches in one direction more than the other. You want the stretchy direction to go around your head, not up and down. if you make the right and left side parallel, it will tend t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Harold / fleece stitch
January 27, 5:14pm

Re: Good Grief
Charlie Brown? Oh, Sarah Palin I though it would be Romney I can watch 8 minutes of Jon Stewart but not 3 hours and 30 minutes of Austrian economics : )

In Chaff » Good Grief
January 27, 5:02pm

Re: re
"Law of unintended consequences." good point unintended consequences affects everything which makes things tricky similarly, schools like University of Phoenix are currently maki...

In Chaff » Are You in That 1%??
January 27, 4:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Obama wants to tax college 529 savings
I think it said most of the benefit goes to people making $200K a year, but I'm too lazy to google it again. It's like capital gains tax preference. Sure, a few unwealthy people take ad...

January 27, 2:26pm

Re: Obama wants to tax college 529 savings
That's too bad. College is so expensive. This is one solution. I see the logic though. Most of the taxes saved with 529 plans is for the most affluent. Better to have an education plan t...

January 27, 12:15pm

Re: MYOG Lightweight tent full build.
Looks good so far Nice to see another MYOG addict created. At least you're off the streets : )

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Lightweight tent full build.
January 27, 12:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Strategy
The stock market is at record levels today If you put money in stock market, it loses half it's value, you freak out and take your money out, market goes back up - you're screwed. This ...

January 27, 10:52am

Liquidity Trap, Labor participation rate
Temin said liquidity trap is when interest rates are low but the economy is still not meeting it's potential, like today in the U.S. and labor participation rate is low. In 2000 when the ec...

In Chaff » Single most important documentary ever made?
January 27, 10:46am

Peter Temin "Lessons from the Great Depression"
Peter Temin is MIT Economist, pushing a book he wrote "Lessons from the Great Depression" I heard interview on Bob Brinker radio show. Brinker is conservative. Just before interview,...

In Chaff » Single most important documentary ever made?
January 27, 10:30am

Re: Strategy
Or, even saving 20% is realistic for most people Charging everything and spending more than you earn is a recipe to work when you're 70 years old. Warren Buffet seems okay working when he&#...

January 27, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.