BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 171 - 180 of 7237 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...724

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: me too
I'm not necesarily replying to anyone : ) If there's good ventilation inside, then it won't matter that much that the tent material gets hot from absorbing sunlight. But you need se...

In GEAR » Napping -how to keep the tent cool for napping children?
July 24, 10:21am

Re: Re: Unsafe
Did ABC news do a story that showed this, or did they just echo the Israeli line? I have seen some stories, like on PBS.

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
July 24, 9:21am

Re: North Lake - South Lake
I have reservations for August 27, although I have just $11 invested into this so could easily change plans. That's just what I was thinking - park at South, hike or hitch over to North - go...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cartridge Creek Trail
July 24, 8:57am

Re: Re: Executions gone wrong
The other thing is, occasionally someone is convicted and on death row, and then they get DNA evidence or whatever that proves they're innocent. According to innocence project, "We will...

In Chaff » Executions gone wrong
July 24, 8:39am

Re: me too
Physics and heat conduction would say to put space blanket on the outside. If it's inside, the tent will absorb sunlight, get hot, and transmit heat through conduction inside. Won't matte...

In GEAR » Napping -how to keep the tent cool for napping children?
July 24, 8:02am

Re: Re: Avoiding nasty hiking partners...
"Check out possible partners by scrutinizing their Chaff posts." Hmmm...that must be why no one wants to hike with me...just had to throw that in there : )

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Avoiding nasty hiking partners...
July 24, 7:58am

Re: Re: Fire
"Netanyahu and Hamas are both like the Dick Cheney that wouldn't go away." Dick Cheney hasn't gone away. He keeps doing interviews and the networks air them. Obama is decimat...

July 23, 7:20pm

Re: To read.
It seems hopeless but the haaretz.com article had a solution. Isn't that an Israeli group? Liberal/moderate Israelis have the best ideas how to solve this mess. I think you and I actually ...

July 23, 7:13pm

Re: Portland, Ore. Women
you could try posting this at portlandhikers.org also

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Portland, Ore. Women
July 23, 2:58pm

Re: Fire
I don't know about Romney, but I'm very critical of Bush. He made little effort to make peace and he sided with Israel. Worse than that, he squandered a huge opportunity - after 9/11 ...

July 23, 2:50pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.