Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 171 - 180 of 8673 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...868

Forum » Thread

Re: Never stand on end
video?

In Gear Deals » Esbit Burner
March 26, 6:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Some new Tent ideas I have up on Kickstarter
definitely

In Gear Deals » Some new Tent ideas I have up on Kickstarter
March 26, 6:16pm

Re: Some new Tent ideas I have up on Kickstarter
"WET on the left, DRY on the right, the same. No wait, I said that backward. It's the DRY one on the left and the WET one on the right. (Pretty sure I got that right. It's just hard to...

In Gear Deals » Some new Tent ideas I have up on Kickstarter
March 26, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Ideas for a family trip in the summer
that's a good list Multnomah Falls in Comubia Gorge - super busy so do mid week Walk up Eagle Creek near by - maybe the steep cliff might scare you, agins, pretty busy If you're dr...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ideas for a family trip in the summer
March 26, 2:27pm

Re: pu
pu should work might be heavier, but not much might be less waterproof

In Make Your Own Gear » need advice for floor
March 26, 11:33am

Re: Re: my fellow
and then there's Ken Miller...

In Chaff » Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
March 26, 8:06am

Re: Lighting two stoves with one flame
and that's why I don't use white gas stove plus they're too heavy funny that Boy Scouts allow them to be used. Just about any stove would be safer.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Whats your SUL Cook Set-Up Grams/Milliliter %
March 26, 8:04am

Re: cheers
Shield silnylon from thru-hiker.com It is waterproof. Most other silnylons aren't. According to Richard tests. I've made floors from Shield, and from regular silnylon, and Shield is...

In Make Your Own Gear » need advice for floor
March 26, 7:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: measuring USB power bank capacity
The 12 V charger was one that plugged into car. Griffin Technologies. A little more expensive than the cheapest. It always put out 12 volts. The 2200 mAh USB power bank is cheap. Since it...

In GEAR » measuring USB power bank capacity
March 26, 7:44am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: measuring USB power bank capacity
And yeah, usually best to get quality stuff cheap good to see if you can even use it. If it breaks, and you use it a lot, then go ahead and get a better one. or if all you need is something ...

In GEAR » measuring USB power bank capacity
March 25, 11:30pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.