BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 171 - 180 of 7440 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...744

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: split pea soup
So if you add boiling water to Bob's Red Mill Pea flour, and let it sit a couple minutes, will it be ready to eat? Dehydrated beans or other legumes from packitgourmet is sort of expensive...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » split pea soup
August 25, 7:52am

Re: Troublemakers.
"I have to repeat: we place too much emphasis on Presidents and elected officials. Bickering over who started/finished which wars without acknowledging that we have a global system of economic...

In Chaff » America the Troublemaker?
August 25, 7:47am

Re: Sweet
"I've finally been censored. Do I get to join some secret BPL club now?" Okay, I had to go back and look and your use of the word beginning with "F" is gone : ) Is tha...

August 25, 7:39am

Re: haha
If it's a ground fault, then current is going back from the hot wire, onto the ground rather than the neutral wire. http://www.familyhandyman.com/electrical/breaker-box/fix-a-sensitive-arc-f...

August 24, 10:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: haha
does it trip because of a ground fault or because current is exceeded?

August 24, 10:17pm

Re: Electrifying your trail guide
yeah, good idea, sometimes I'll take picture of a map rather than carry paper

In Multiple Use Gear » Electrifying your trail guide
August 24, 10:11pm

Re: Re: haha
AFCI can be tricky : ) You replaced the circuit breaker that trips? It trips when nothing is turned on?

August 24, 10:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re
"How about the disillusioned people not vote for a while and once there is enough of a percentage than the two parties might just get scared and some real shift happen." no, no, no,......

August 24, 8:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Something bigger
"part of how the system functions is to weed out those who do not fit into the system before they rise very far" I don't know that Howard Dean would have been the solution, but ...

August 24, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: America the Troublemaker?
I don't think the U.S. is crumbling to be replaced by other countries I think other countries are rising to our level. "I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that t...

August 24, 4:08pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.