Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 171 - 180 of 8135 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...814

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Putin's Way to Ukraine
"but our government and media have powerful ways to orchestrate both positives and negatives " PBS has had very critical reports about our government, Iraq war, economic collapse,... ...

In Chaff » Frontline - Putin's Way
January 15, 6:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Putin's Way to Ukraine
I have heard on NPR, that Putin has used the Napolean/Hitler comparison to what the U.S. is doing today. That's totally ridiculous in that we have totally avoided any military intervention, ...

January 15, 6:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
Maybe if the copper was thinner, but wider, it would block wind?

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
January 15, 6:26pm

Re: Checking in: Sawyer Mini
Platy threads have a different pitch than the Sawyer filter threads. But, there's only about one turn of thread. The plastic is flexible so it stretches a little. I have an old platy tha...

In GEAR » Checking in: Sawyer Mini
January 15, 6:24pm

Re: Putin's Way to Ukraine
I'll agree that Russia has some legitimate claim to Crimea and feels threatened by the West. Napolean and Hitler attacked Russia through those Eastern European countries so Russia feels th...

January 15, 3:26pm

Re: Putin's Way to Ukraine
Frontline had a lot of evidence supporting the idea that blew up those buildings and attacked Checnya for political reasons. They said that KGB admitted planting explosives in the 5th building, ...

January 15, 3:21pm

Re: Re: They did it!!!
ha, ha, ha,... I just ignored that, but,... Al Gore was a key senator passing the legislation that enabled the internet, so maybe he didn't invent it (which he never said) but he can take...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » They did it!!!
January 15, 3:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Three Sisters
That steep part above Camp Lake just depends on when and how much snow there was. Easier to go up. Good run-out at the bottom so you probably won't die : ) Good plan to go to the base,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are you excited to go in 2015?
January 15, 3:03pm

Re: Three Sisters
I normally don't plan more than a few days ahead of time I got this idea of Pole Creek, East side of Sisters, Golden Lake, Rim Lake, over Broken Top ridge, Green Lake, pass above Green Lake,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are you excited to go in 2015?
January 15, 9:15am

Re: Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
Good ideas. Good experiments. How much does copper strip/velcro strip weigh?

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
January 15, 9:07am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.