BPL Community Profile

Jeremy B. (requiem) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Jeremy B. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy B.

Showing 171 - 180 of 344 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Where to learn basic climbing skills?
If you're going to use a rope you'll want to learn to build proper anchors. There is also a gear requirement* (the rope, gear to attach you to it, gear to build the anchor, etc.) If you a...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to learn basic climbing skills?
April 19, 10:06am

Re: Clove
Also if you know how to clove, youll remember very easily how to munter ... Which is a critical skill on multipitch Yep, when tied on a carabiner the similarities are very obvious. For a clov...

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 18, 8:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Knots
It always bugged me when one of my shoelace knots would rotate around to point fore-and-aft, rather than lying with ends tidily to each side. I finally figured out why when I found Ian's site,...

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 16, 11:39pm

Re: Re: Quick food hanging question.
Some bear photos for your amusement: http://www.trailspace.com/forums/backcountry/topics/119583.html (Sorry, I couldn't find any of a bear dive-bombing a bag.)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Quick food hanging question.
April 15, 9:06pm

Re: Torte vs. Tort
In my opinion, the best torte reform would be to replicate the chocolate Sachertorte, which can still be had at the Sacher Hotel in Vienna. A bit dry for my taste, even with the whipped cream, b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
April 12, 8:38pm

Re: ovee and over...
My boss once said "I don't see what everyone has against gotos" Yes, a Real Programmer would make use of the COME FROM construct instead.

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 11, 12:55am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Complimenting sleep system
On a side note, if you assume the R-value of 3.1 for the SynMat UL 7 is in the US units and work backwards: 31.81-((3.1/5.68)*36.36) = 11.97 (equivalent EN comfort value in degrees C) It sugges...

In GEAR » Complimenting sleep system
April 10, 2:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Complimenting sleep system
Hi Sean, I'd point you to Richard Nisley as this goes outside my knowledge. I also have some uncertainty regarding the units. Specifically, I don't know if the sleeping pad values ment...

April 10, 2:28pm

Re: Complimenting sleep system
I'm still not clear on how the R value compliments the temp rating on bags. Specifically, how is the performance of the Versalite different with the Dowmat vs. the Synmat? The sleeping bag p...

April 07, 9:32pm

Re: Re: Re Feedback
Any quotes you see are purely manual: simply copy and paste, and mark them any way you like. My personal preference is to use <i>italics tags</i> around longer quotes; quotation marks ...

In Gear Lists » My guide on packing light for an overnight winter backcountry hut trip
April 03, 11:42am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. has posted no reviews.