BPL Community Profile

Jeremy B. (requiem) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Jeremy B. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy B.

Showing 171 - 180 of 282 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Newtown...
Kathy, I'll paste below an excerpt from one of the Federalist Papers (#29, by Hamilton in 1788). I've trimmed it more for space than meaning; the full text is easy enough to fin. &qu...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 12, 11:06pm

Re: Re: Re: How difficult it is to find standing wood in winter?
7' minimum; I haven't seen the sign in summer so don't know the exact height. Could easily be more; I think the max snow depth that year was a bit over 16'. Assuming at least 7-8&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How difficult it is to find standing wood in winter?
January 09, 6:36pm

Re: How difficult it is to find standing wood in winter?
Well, here's a picture from March 2011 of the trailhead sign near Boreal:

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How difficult it is to find standing wood in winter?
January 09, 3:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Surveilance Society - Hey Tom
I feel like having issues with it makes me the paranoid one. No no, the truly paranoid ones are very careful to appear quiescent in public. Should drones start dropping themselves in nearby poo...

In GEAR » quadcopter/drones for backpacking (the future is coming)
January 09, 12:08am

Re: Converting bbcode to html?
A link is easiest, but I'd suggest using a text editor with a good search/replace function (e.g. notepad++). As long as your formatting isn't too complex it should be relatively straightfo...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Converting bbcode to html?
January 03, 5:24pm

Re: Is it worth it?
Agree with the D90/D7000 comments; both are right around your price target and include the mechanical focusing drive. (I've been eyeing both as an eventual replacement for my D40.) For the ...

In Photography » Is it worth it?
January 02, 8:59pm

Re: Any specific recommendations?
I prefer the jackets (larger baffles) for fit; when I tried on the shirts (thinner baffles) the sleeves felt too baggy. Anyone else notice that, or do I just have spindly arms?

In Gear Deals » EB downlights jackets for 99$ ... hooded 119$ ... vests 69$
January 02, 1:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: run or walk
a b: Yep, I assume that the most efficient pace for anyone is that which takes the most advantage of the natural swing of leg and arm. I can see solar eventually becoming more useful; particula...

In Philosophy & Technique » A Question for You Physics Experts
January 02, 1:26am

Re: Re: Re: run or walk
Uh, plain English? Hah! Now I'm worried I missed something given the numbers I got. But in simpler terms, I think the work needed to get moving is greater with increased speed, and the sto...

January 02, 12:30am

Re: run or walk
As humans don't have much in the way of regenerative braking, I've set out the following scenario for two speeds. Please let me know if I've made any errors in the calculations! The...

January 01, 11:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. has posted no reviews.