BPL Community Profile

Randy Martin (randalmartin) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me My primary pursuits are mountaineering (hiking with the goal of a summit) but I am beginning to re-kindle my love of Backpacking. In particular I have become a big fan of the Ultralight approach and love this website. I seem to be in a perpetual state of shelter/sleep system evaluation. My current setup for shelter is a GG SpinnTwinn with YMG Bug Bivy 1.0 (summer) or Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy(colder). Sleep system is Katabatic Chisos 40 degree quilt with Neoair short.
CityCastle Rock
StateCO
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Martin

Showing 171 - 180 of 669 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...67

Forum » Thread

Chemical Decomposition
I use a product called Gotta Go Waste Bags, however, I don't take the bags themselves just the package of powder they provide that contains enzymes and bacterial agents that speed decomposition...

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 10:18am

Re: Favorite PackIt Gourmet Meals
Jump Start Fruit Smoothie (Berry flavor) is the best breakfast I have ever had. Gives me great long lasting energy with a good combination of Carbs/Protein/Fat. I can use cold water, shake and dr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Your favorite meal from Packit?
March 07, 4:31pm

Re: Tenkara presentation in Boulder-March 18
Sorry to miss that. Hopefully it will be filmed and shared. I would be very interested to watch later.

In Fishing » Tenkara presentation in Boulder-March 18
March 07, 1:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Rain pants = Wind pants
Sounds like we are just using different terminology to mean the same thing. Wind Pants/Rain Pants. They should serve each purpose (shed wind and/or shed rain).

In GEAR » Houdini wind pants
March 07, 1:36pm

Rain pants = Wind pants
I already carry rain pants which are also my wind pants if necessary. I presume you must not carry rain pants?

In GEAR » Houdini wind pants
March 07, 11:47am

Website to check out
The website below allows you to put in different years and check out various Snow Analysis graphs so you can compare the current year to any prior year. Perhaps you can get an idea of where we are...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 2013 PCT - What kind of "snow year" is it?
March 06, 5:20pm

Re: Re: Re: light, and pictures of tent!
Tent seems a bit loose in those pictures. Is that just because you didn't finish tensioning it?

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL gear list, how does it look?
March 05, 1:17pm

Bug Bivy with nanoseeum floor
Is anyone aware of a Bug Bivy that is available in full nanoseeum including the floor. Ideally something like the MLD Bug Bivy with nanoseeum on the floor. I am already using a zpacks cuben ponch...

In GEAR » Bug Bivy with nanoseeum floor
March 02, 9:47am

Re: sleeping bag
< 1 lb and doesn't cost over 100 dollars? That doesn't exist for a real sleeping bag. I think the real question is what temperature range are you looking to be comfortable in? If it&#...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » sleeping bag
March 01, 9:14pm

Re: What's the quietest hooded windshirt?
Most windshirts are very thin material which by it's nature is softer/quieter. It's the very stiff GoreTex style shells that typically suffer from that crinkly/stiff issues you are referri...

In GEAR » What's the quietest hooded windshirt?
February 27, 4:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone (Regular Length, Wide Width)
I have had the Bristlecone Bivy for a year and really appreciate the side zipper for ease of entry/exit. The mesh is just right for breathability and views. The stake out loops are nice when you wan...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 15, 6:03pm

Marmot Atom
The bag is true to it's 40 degree rating and when I sleep with insulating layers on I have comfortably slept in this bag down to the upper 20's. If you are cold in this bag at 50 then I suspe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 31, 1:59pm