November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan C (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Ryan C has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan C

Showing 171 - 180 of 526 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...53

Forum » Thread

Re: Pack for the JMT
You may want to consider the ULA Circuit if the rest of your kit is light and compact enough.

In GEAR » Pack for the JMT
November 14, 5:45pm

Hubba HP
I too saw the MSR Hubba HP series on their site a couple of months ago. Emailed them about it and learned that Cascade Designs has no plans to ever reintroduce the HP series in the US. Bummer...

In GEAR » MSR Hubba Hubba HP
November 08, 4:05pm

Re: Versatile Down Jacket Recommendations
You may want to check out the cheap Costco jacket that created quite a frenzy on here a few weeks ago. I actually sold my MontBell Alpine Light Parka after getting one, mostly because I used the Pa...

In GEAR » Versatile Down Jacket Recommendations
November 06, 8:30pm

Re: NeoAir Weights
2009-ish leaky Regular NeoAir returned to Cascade Designs: 13.2oz New 2011 Regular NeoAir replacement from Cascade Designs: 13.2oz

In GEAR » NeoAir Weights
November 06, 8:08pm

The trips we learn from are some of the best. On some boring day this winter I may post my little adventure story of Lake Clark N.P. from earlier this summer.

In Post-Trip Reports » My Not so Excellent Adventure in Alaska
November 05, 6:48pm

Re: FS: Torsolite (4)
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Torsolite (4)
November 04, 7:04pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I can let them air out in the garage hanging up. May look into the Hefty bags at the hardware store as I did not think to check there.

In GEAR » Smelly trash compactor bags?
November 04, 10:38am

Smelly trash compactor bags?
Finally broke down and bought a box of trash compactor bags to use as waterproof pack liners since regular trash bags were not holding up. One problem though: THEY STINK WITH FRAGRANCE! I could not...

In GEAR » Smelly trash compactor bags?
November 03, 9:15pm

Re: Circuit + Ohm = ? (Another ode to the awesomeness that is ULA)
Now for the most important question: what does it weigh? Just kidding : ) My new "regular" Circuit arrived Monday. I decided to get a stock version since I was not sure if it would fit...

In GEAR » Circuit + Ohm = ? (Another ode to the awesomeness that is ULA)
November 03, 9:04pm

Re: Added a fe wthings to weight total and thinned out a few aswell
The lighter option for a bear canister would be to rent one from Wild Ideas. They have a weekender and an expedition model and a shorter 12" version between the other two if you ask them I thi...

In Gear Lists » Putting gear together for JMT section in summer (critique!!!)
October 28, 10:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan C

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

DeLorme inReach SE
On many trips I used to carry a 406MHz PLB. For some activities I still do. But for everything else I have found the inReach SE fits the bill nicely. But realize that no matter what kind of electr...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
June 06, 12:04am