Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

larry savage (pyeyo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale pacific northwest
About Me aging 4 season mountain bum,if I'm not here I'm out there.
CityWenatchee
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by larry savage

Showing 171 - 180 of 743 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...75

Forum » Thread

maxax
The I.M.B.A uses the MaxAxe with some success, they also offer trail building seminars for anyone in the states that are worth the couple of hours. I have a brush cutter with a steel rod handle ve...

In GEAR » Trail Maintenance Tools
September 06, 10:57am

re; tools
Giving it some more thought and walking outside looking in the trailer I realized I also carry a large file and a pair of garden lopper [pruners]. I tried collapsable avalanche shovels once, the l...

September 06, 9:29am

re;
Good housekeeping will go a long way with a dog in a tent, different temps, snow conditions, and type of fur lead to possible mess. I tried to keep mine in the vestibule but he finally pesuades me ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter backpacking with a dog
September 06, 8:58am

tools
I use a shortened Pulaski,McLeod, and army trenching tool sometimes a railroad pick that the head slides off the handle. A mattock can be handy along with a bow saw. These are used for working on m...

September 06, 8:41am

signage

In Philosophy & Technique » Thinking About Bears and Cougars
September 05, 10:43pm

dogs in winter
Try car camping with your dog[s] first. If you need snowshoes or skis they will wear themselves out in fresh snow, transitional snow is best. You need to protect domestic dog's paws with bootie...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter backpacking with a dog
September 05, 10:36pm

through the years ..
Through the years I've watched the infomation change with how to deal with bears and cougars. Each situation needs analyzing; did you surprise the bear, was it stalking you or your camp, are th...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thinking About Bears and Cougars
September 05, 12:10pm

route names
Got pretty slacked looking at my one post about "death" so thought I try to move it on down. I caught some free time when a job didn't gel and took a quick run through of Frenchman&#...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » route names
September 04, 7:31pm

Nunatak
I have a Nunatak Skaha and it is the one piece that always goes in my pack. I have three seasons of climbing, scrambling, and backcountry biking with it. I like the simple pullover style having cu...

In GEAR » Down Puffy Jackets
September 04, 6:16pm

mountain hardwear
If you go to Mountain Hardwear's website and look under sleeping bag accessories you'll find their nifty thermic bag expander. It adds 8" of girth to any full length #8 ykk zipper bag.

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Claustrophobia
September 01, 8:30am

All Reader Reviews by larry savage

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
The five ten camp four shoe fits into the approach shoe category, a little heavier then a trail runner the camp four excels at getting you there then holding it's own as a climbing shoe. Internal...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 27, 10:28am

Stanley Titanium Helios Ice Axe
I've been using a helios ice axe since mid-winter. This is an all titanium tool, the only one I think is available since the Ushba has gone away. Made by Jim Stanley with a 6-4 ti head and a 3-2...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
May 24, 11:04pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
2 different products from 2 different makers aimed at providing some carbs/electrolytes and fruit flavors on hikes and multiday trips. Clif Shot Bloks are soft [rubbery] organic rice syrup cubes that...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 08, 10:50pm

exposure joystick
Born into the world of endurance and mtn. bike racing the joystick crosses over nicely for weekend or longer [w/solar charger] wilderness trips. At 85 gms. it is a few grams lighter then a surefire e...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
April 29, 12:37pm