BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 171 - 180 of 286 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: Dangerous hikes
"your tax dollars at work." Oh yeah? Sounds like a better use of my tax dollar than paying for wars in Afghanistan, Syria, and who knows where else. And it's not like the money d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 16, 11:48am

Re: Re: Ray Way Tarp Dimensions
If I wanted to do trigonometry, I would go to school. Ugh.

In GEAR » Ray Way Tarp Dimensions
August 14, 9:23am

Re: Backpacking Tights - Part 1
I'm doing it! Hope y'all are prepared to see my skinny ass in tights. Don't be meat-gazing, now....

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Tights - Part 1
August 13, 6:07pm

Re: Replace your energy bar with a Cookie!
Still not as good as Lembas.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Replace your energy bar with a Cookie!
August 13, 5:51pm

Re: 2013 Sierra's Pack List
If the pump sack is big enough to take the place of your dry bag, and you like it for that purpose, ditch the dry bag and the pillow. Use six or seven ziploc bags inside your pump sack for a pillo...

In Gear Lists » 2013 Sierra's Pack List
August 12, 10:34pm

Re: I need help adding weight
I love my Exped UL7 sleeping pad, and my MSR Titan kettle. Everything else you have seems about right.

In Gear Lists » I need help adding weight
August 09, 12:26pm

Re: Sunscreen
Hat and long sleeves. Never wears off, never runs out. Sawyer makes great sunscreen, though. Here's the page on their sunscreen technology: http://www.sawyer.com/tech-sun.html

In GEAR » Sunscreen
August 08, 1:15pm

Re: Ropers Sierra High Route
Holy cow, what a great trip! Thanks for the excellent photography and vivid descriptions.

In Editor's Roundtable » Ropers Sierra High Route
August 06, 10:59pm

Re: Help with chooosing a 3 season quilt
Layering works, as long as you're not compressing the down too much. Might be better with the synthetic under the down.

In GEAR » Help with chooosing a 3 season quilt
August 05, 11:57pm

Re: Adding foam to shoulder straps?
The real problem with the Flash 18 and 22 packs isn't the shoulder straps, it's the virtually nonexistent hip-belt. Not much you can do to take the load off your shoulders there. Wider st...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding foam to shoulder straps?
August 05, 11:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Daniel Pittman has posted no reviews.