BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 171 - 180 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: You are correct
very true that cuben has no serious downside (except price) I guess I should probably get over the price shock and just order it :)

In GEAR » Refuge X setup and questions
May 14, 6:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Take Your Refuge X and Stuff It.
Aaron - I wasn't trying to bash Cuben, I have no experience with it but from what I have read it sounds more intriguing than spinnaker. I was just questioning Ben Tang's statement that GG ...

May 14, 5:37pm

Re: Take Your Refuge X and Stuff It.
Ben - isn't "The One" actually spinnaker and not cuben fiber? Also, as someone with no experience with either spinnaker or cuben fiber, do they have similar properties in terms of st...

May 11, 11:27am

Re: Re: Re: Philmont to stock canister fuel
Mike - great analysis (much better than mine) Phil - I don't think canister stove efficiency would be noticeably decreased at only 11,000 feet. From what I have read, I am pretty sure alti...

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
May 11, 11:22am

Re: BPL Classics - We want your input
a few articles that I remember that I don't think I saw posted yet: MYOG: Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles MYOG: Five Yards to SuperUltralight (whole series) Groovy-Biotic Cooking: Quick, H...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL Classics - We want your input
May 11, 11:08am

sticky threads
I completely agree with Brett. I appreciate you trying to group all the classics from BPL, but I think it would be better in the long run to fix the site's searching capabilities and organizat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL Classics - We want your input
May 10, 5:37pm

Re: Philmont to stock canister fuel
At the Tooth of Time Traders website they claim that canister stoves are less fuel efficient than liquid fuel stoves. They say that it takes 3 8-oz canisters to boil the same amount of water as 1 ...

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
May 10, 5:30pm

Re: How/When Did you learn about BPL?
I am also a little fuzzy on how I first found out about BPL. I am pretty sure I first became a regular visitor of the site after I saw Andy Skurka's presentation on C2C route at my local Blue ...

In Chaff » How/When Did you learn about BPL?
May 05, 3:41pm

trail work in High Point State Park (New Jersey)
Two weekends ago I participated in trail building with the Boy Scouts (I am currently SPL) at the Lusscroft Farm (lusscroftfarm.com) section of High Point State Park in northwest NJ near the AT. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » trail work in High Point State Park (New Jersey)
April 21, 4:29pm

Re: Help me select a backpack and tweak a gear list for trip to Glacier National Park
I have heard great things about MLD packs (and I am seriously eyeing the Zip), but I don't think I could recommend any of them for David's purposes. Maybe you have better shoulders than me...

In GEAR » Help me select a backpack and tweak a gear list for trip to Glacier National Park
March 16, 8:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am