BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 171 - 180 of 831 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...84

Forum » Thread

Re: Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
Gatorade Squeezy bottle; not available most places it seems, they only use it for the "G Endurance Formula". 24 oz capacity, 1.25 oz . Only bottle I have found that has a squeezy top like...

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 04, 9:29pm

Re: Re: A little test if you get the chance
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/canister_stove_efficiency_p2.html Scroll down to "Analysis" and "Uprights vs. Remotes" So here's our chance to...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
August 04, 6:19pm

A little test if you get the chance
Roger - testing published here on BPL in the past showed remote canister stoves having lower fuel efficiency on average than top mounts. Now that you have a remote with the identical burner head as...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
August 04, 3:15pm

WG containers
Harald if youare computing system weight for WG stoves, use the smallest aluminum bottle you can. That's what I do - I take my 1/2 liter Sigg bottle and then plastic bottles for the rest, My 1/...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
August 04, 3:02pm

a few numbers esbit and white gas
My experience with Esbit is limited but for what it's worth: when I used it on a Sierra summer trip, I used one Esbit brand tab each meal, basic Esbit folding stove (all I had ever seen at the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
August 04, 2:38pm

Re: it's all linear
While the fuel usage may be linear the container weight as a percentage is not, with canister gas getting more efficient in that regard as the quantity of fuel gets larger (220gm canister, then 450...

August 03, 2:12pm

Re: Posted full table, more complete
Harald, thanks for the work on the chart. So all of this seems predicated on solo use. Am I right? Curious to see how things look for two, with double the fuel usage per day, and assuming a single...

August 03, 12:36pm

Re: How much water?
Point Reyes is my neck of the woods. I'd suggest 1.5 to 2 liters, plus drink up before you start your hike. Also, the water at the campgrounds sometimes has a little old rusty pipe flavor, so f...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much water?
July 27, 10:26am

Re: Sawyer Squeeze "grafity filter" bag recommendations
I am pondering the same question. I have a 4L Dromlite, which weighs 3.6 oz (mine is old style, does not have the "handle" at the neck). I'm leaning toward using that, mainly because ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze "grafity filter" bag recommendations
July 19, 1:53pm

Re: Does This Pack Fit?
I would say you are at the top end of the range for that pack to fit, and with only 13 lbs in it it might sag if loaded more. OTOH, the next size up (if I read the GG website right) is 4" tall...

In GEAR » Does This Pack Fit?
July 13, 11:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.