BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 171 - 180 of 834 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...84

Forum » Thread

Re: How do I deal with my fear?
What seems to me to be the real questions, Sarah, is not how do you deal with your fear but whether it is a rational or an irrational fear. A rational fear keeps you from doing something that is to...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do I deal with my fear?
August 10, 10:09am

Re: Difference between map and trail distance?
I've found trail signs to be pretty unreliable in terms of mileage. The worst in my experience are Forest Service signs; NPS seems to do a better job, but I still don't trust them. I treat ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Difference between map and trail distance?
August 10, 9:51am

Re: Gatorade Squeezy
Delmar - that's the one. Last time I found them was at a Rite Aid.

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 05, 10:23pm

Re: Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
Gatorade Squeezy bottle; not available most places it seems, they only use it for the "G Endurance Formula". 24 oz capacity, 1.25 oz . Only bottle I have found that has a squeezy top like...

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 04, 9:29pm

Re: Re: A little test if you get the chance
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/canister_stove_efficiency_p2.html Scroll down to "Analysis" and "Uprights vs. Remotes" So here's our chance to...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
August 04, 6:19pm

A little test if you get the chance
Roger - testing published here on BPL in the past showed remote canister stoves having lower fuel efficiency on average than top mounts. Now that you have a remote with the identical burner head as...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
August 04, 3:15pm

WG containers
Harald if youare computing system weight for WG stoves, use the smallest aluminum bottle you can. That's what I do - I take my 1/2 liter Sigg bottle and then plastic bottles for the rest, My 1/...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
August 04, 3:02pm

a few numbers esbit and white gas
My experience with Esbit is limited but for what it's worth: when I used it on a Sierra summer trip, I used one Esbit brand tab each meal, basic Esbit folding stove (all I had ever seen at the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
August 04, 2:38pm

Re: it's all linear
While the fuel usage may be linear the container weight as a percentage is not, with canister gas getting more efficient in that regard as the quantity of fuel gets larger (220gm canister, then 450...

August 03, 2:12pm

Re: Posted full table, more complete
Harald, thanks for the work on the chart. So all of this seems predicated on solo use. Am I right? Curious to see how things look for two, with double the fuel usage per day, and assuming a single...

August 03, 12:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.