BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 171 - 180 of 871 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...88

Forum » Thread

"Redefine long-distance hike"
If I were you I would redefine long-distance hike to mean something on the order of a couple hundred miles. That gives you the freedom to schedule your hike to avoid the nasty stream crossings - wh...

In Pre-Trip Planning » PCT thru hike With my 5yr old along for the summer- Northbound or Southbound?
October 15, 5:55pm

sil or cuben floor?
Thinking of making a bivy sack, wondering about the floor. Familiar with silynlon in terms of slipperiness, but no experience with cuben. Is it less slippery than sil?

In Make Your Own Gear » sil or cuben floor?
October 13, 10:13pm

eVent fabric source
Have been looking and can't find a current retail source for eVent fabric. Specifically I'm looking for 3-layer, with the lightest face fabric I can find. Anybody know of a current source? ...

In Make Your Own Gear » eVent fabric source
October 11, 11:01pm

slick
nice design. I've bought fine stainless cable about that size or smaller, and the crimp fittings for it, at marine hardware stores in the past. Looks like that's all youd need plus the bind...

In Make Your Own Gear » hanging kit
October 11, 5:46pm

I like
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Mountain Hardwear Tempest Gloves (fleece lined Conduit) , Men's Large
October 09, 6:30pm

pants
For one thing, you won't get the same warmth for half the weight if you go for down instead of synthetic. If you want full zip, you'll be looking at more like 12 oz vs. 16 - and of course y...

In GEAR » down vs. synthetic insulated pants for winter
October 08, 9:59pm

Re: Fleece warmth
Miles - re your original question - for summer in the Sierra, I have used for a few years now the following: a 1/4 zip t-neck much like the one you have, a base layer shirt, and precip jacket. I al...

In GEAR » Fleece warmth
October 06, 10:26pm

Re: thanks
you should also look at closeout stuff on new boots. Often the last sizes left are the smallest and they go real cheap.

In Winter Hiking » AT gear- where to look?
October 04, 5:34pm

Re: AT gear- where to look?
http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?PHPSESSID=j70krf0lmtll5slbmrsojpao71&board=5.0

In Winter Hiking » AT gear- where to look?
October 03, 9:30pm

Re: Winter Shelters: MSR Twin Sisters?
I have an MSR Twin Peaks - the immediate ancestor of the Sisters - that I added snow flaps to. I have used it on several ski tours; here it is at Dale Lake, Red Mountain Basin in the Sierra: ...

In GEAR » Winter Shelters: MSR Twin Sisters?
October 03, 9:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.