David Olsen (oware) - BPL Guest

My Locale Steptoe Butte
About Me Manufacturer Tarps, Tents, Bivys, Packs and Bags
since 1985.

Blog http://cattarp.wordpress.com/

email do@owareusa.com
StateWA
My Website URLhttp://shop.bivysack.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Olsen

Showing 171 - 180 of 1772 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...178

Forum » Thread

Free talk for those in Northeast Washington, Northern Idaho, Woodland Caribou
This population, known as the International Selkirk population, is extremely rare with only about 40 individuals left. These last caribou in the continental U.S. are a type of woodland caribou know...

In On the Web » Free talk for those in Northeast Washington, Northern Idaho, Woodland Caribou
March 25, 12:41pm

Safety around ropes
Instructors around ropes courses and climbing sites often use EMT snips instead of a knife for rigging and emergencies. A sharp knife will cut a loaded rope in a moment, maybe the wrong rope, whil...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 4:57pm

skin a pig
"Now just how are you going to blaze a tree, split firewood, cut stout tent pegs, kill and skin a pig, make stretcher poles, fell a tree to cross a deep chasm, fight off a griz, or peel a po...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 4:42pm

don't know if you could hit a grouse at 40 yards or not.
I don't have one, but interesting for the weight and such. 22 magnum, the cheaper ammo equivalent of the 5.7. 13.3 ounces empty, 30 round capacity full mag adds 6 ounces http:...

In GEAR » FNH Five Seven 1.6lb gun
March 18, 4:28pm

keep your pants up
Most rain pants blowout at the crotch, in my experience. Wearing some light suspenders will prevent most of this.

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric choice to increase durability of Frogg Toggs rain wear?
March 12, 11:05am

speculation
"Hi David and Justin, Hmm, i would think wearing a windshirt over it would really decrease the breathability significantly, but Justin i think your idea might work decently, a really breat...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric choice to increase durability of Frogg Toggs rain wear?
March 12, 11:00am

Re: Fabric choice to increase durability of Frogg Toggs rain wear?
I wear Dri Ducks under a windbreaker when bushwhacking.

March 08, 6:31pm

Bear spray didn't work but two rifles did
http://www.yellowstonegate.com/2013/03/no-charges-filed-over-grizzly-bear-shot-during-grand-teton-elk-hunt/

In Chaff » Bear spray didn't work but two rifles did
March 08, 11:44am

usps good
I am having good success with usps price and function. With ups they tried to charge me thrice the cost of some fabric I shipped to Canada when the recipient would not pay the custom taxes.

In Chaff » USPS Shipping problems
March 08, 11:37am

Re: Re: TSA to allow pocketknives, some sports equipment
A locking blade is still verboten; do the blades on the mini leatherthings lock?" Leatherman tools were believed to be used by two of the 911 hijackers they said in the article. They are pr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » TSA to allow pocketknives, some sports equipment
March 05, 4:17pm

All Reader Reviews by David Olsen

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
Ordered several emergency bivys for Christmas presents. They sent the wrong item-an inferior space blanket bag. They did send a UPS call tag, but then called to say the item was discontinued. We wi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:54pm

Basegear.com
They sent a match safe that was too short to hold matches. I had to pay $2 in shipping to get a $4 refund.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:48pm

Liberty Aluminum Match Safe
The match safe, purchased from Basegear, is too short for the matches (Diamond strike anywhere kitchen matches). When the lid is screwed on, the tips scrap against the bottom and top of the safe ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
January 04, 2:42pm