BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 171 - 180 of 5621 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...563

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Bidet?
"Er, that would go to this product," I stand corrected. ;0)

In Philosophy & Technique » Japanese bidet
January 08, 5:47pm

Re: Pizza
"best Pizza I have ever had without a question was in Napoli ." A huge +1. Down in the red light district, or at least one of them, about 1 AM. From a wood fired stone oven manned by...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 08, 5:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Durability of OPsacks?
"I've given all of mine away." Why?

In GEAR » Durability of OPsacks?
January 08, 4:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Bidet?
"I have a Lady-J type device that I use and I can slip the nozzle of this thing in and hose myself off and have the water come out the lady-j as a final rinse. Then I can pee with only unzippi...

In Philosophy & Technique » Japanese bidet
January 07, 8:37pm

Re: Link to video
What a beautiful animal. Nothing moves quite like a big cat. He sure is one wary critter. It's no wonder we don't see them very often.

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
January 07, 5:39pm

Re: Exploring the Canyon of the Little Colorado
Sheer magic. Makes me wish I lived closer.

In Post-Trip Reports » Exploring the Canyon of the Little Colorado
January 07, 5:36pm

Re: Durability of OPsacks?
"I have never used OPsacks before but I am thinking I should on the A.T." Before you commit to using the expensive OPsacks, you might want to investigate the Nylobarrier sacks sold by ...

In GEAR » Durability of OPsacks?
January 07, 5:19pm

Re: Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
"http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-vitamin-supplements-waste-of-money-20131217,0,3582353.story#ixzz2nndQ521m interesting article on vitamins.Ive always thought it was biza...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
January 07, 5:08pm

Pretty hard to beat
the Montbell Dynamos for weight, wind resistance, and compactness. I mention wind resistance because breathability is far less important in pants than in a wind shirt, at least for me. But it is ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Wind Pants not as popular as wind shirt?
January 07, 4:59pm

Re: I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
"Nick Gatel, you're a gentleman and a scholar." Not to mention a divine comedian, deserving of a place in the pantheon of worthies. As Roger said, ROTFLMAO.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 06, 6:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm