Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 171 - 180 of 6762 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...677

Forum » Thread

Re: The basic math behind Christianity...
"Why would a black hole need empathy ?" To overcome the antipathy of the primeval forces of nature at its blatant transgression of The First Law of Thermodynamics, which states that ma...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
April 21, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: After a long day on the trail - "Got Milk"? @ Terry
"I sincerely apologize to you if my response sounded as an opinionated attack on you, that certainly was not my intent whatsoever." No need to apologize, Terry. It's all part of t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » After a long day on the trail - "Got Milk"?
April 21, 5:37pm

Re: Re: And some of us actually like to enjoy our meals
Indeed. ;0))

April 21, 5:09pm

Re: "Sierra Snowpack 2015"
"Perhaps another analogy is Wall Street--banks need regulators to save them from themselves, and the rest of us too. If there's quick money to be had, anything goes until everything goes--...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
April 21, 5:07pm

Re: Alcohol stove in high sierra late summer
"How will a caldera cone alcohol stove perform at 10,000 - 12,000 feet in the high sierra early september." They work just fine. And if you're worried about fire restrictions, use...

In GEAR » Alcohol stove in high sierra late summer
April 20, 5:50pm

Re: Re: Re: After a long day on the trail - "Got Milk"? @ Terry
"I have done a bit of research on maltodextrin and personally, I pretty much stay away from the stuff as best I can. The problems I have with it is, maltodextrin has a glycemic score of 130 (s...

April 20, 5:44pm

Re: After a long day on the trail - "Got Milk"?
The article supports an approach to recovery that has been around a while. About 10 years ago, I was using a product called Ultragen for recovery. It contained 20 grams of whey protein, 60 grams ...

April 19, 8:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Granite Falls, WA
"my brother has agreed to do a nice long day trip so I can visit a few of these places." Make sure you get out to LaConner, Anacortes, and out at least as far as Colonial Creek on Hwy....

In Chaff » Granite Falls, WA
April 19, 5:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Granite Falls, WA
"Snohomish County. I'd be happy to live in Granite Falls, Lake Stevens, Marysville area, Stanwood," If you can be a 30 minute drive from Stanwood, you might also take a look at Mt ...

In Chaff » Granite Falls, WA
April 18, 8:14pm

Re: Re: The Single Fly
"Best overall dry fly, the Adams." +1

In Fishing » The Single Fly
April 18, 3:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm