BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 171 - 180 of 5903 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...591

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Thank you gentlemen...
"Step Away from the Keyboard!.....Step Away NOW!" AND KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!!!

In Philosophy & Technique » Rational Solo Fear
May 17, 5:58pm

Re: Re: Where would you setup camp in this picture
"the blue is where I'm thinking (closer to a possible water source below but out of the colder "bowl" area)" Yes. The blue arrow points to exactly where I was trying to d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you setup camp in this picture
May 17, 5:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: hmm
"Hey now. I do read all of these. It is just that I'm a novice compared to most so I keep quiet." I was just jerking your chain a bit to see if I could get a rise. All in good fun...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you setup camp in this picture
May 17, 2:38pm

Re: You Did Indeed
"Nice. Thanks" +1 Tough luck for that female.

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
May 16, 7:59pm

Re: Giant Asian Hornet
"I've never seen a Giant Asian Hornet, so I guess I'm too dumb to fear one, at this point. Care to terrify me?" http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/mandarinia...

In GEAR » Sawyer Extractor Snake Bite Kit - Still Relevant?
May 16, 7:48pm

Re: Keeping it real
"Just keeping it real." Thanks for posting. About as spot on a comment on the subject as I've ever heard on BPL. Really not much left to say, is there?

May 16, 7:42pm

Re: Re: directly to chaff - why?
"It's a legitimate fear, IMHO." +1 I would say, in the case of a single woman, that while it is not proof positive of a threat, it would be prudent to go to amber alert status i...

May 16, 3:40pm

Re: Re: "So why do the Bedouin wear black in the desert?"
It all began with Omar Sharif and Anthony Quinn back in 1962.

In GEAR » Clothing for desert hiking
May 15, 6:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jiva Coffee Cubes
"I believe the CEO of Starbucks is on record that his business didn't take off until they started selling "milk shake" coffee flavored drinks like the Crappachino." To ma...

In Editor's Roundtable » Jiva Coffee Cubes
May 15, 6:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jiva Coffee Cubes
"Why would anyone go and ruin a coffee with sugar?" Because there is a lot of swill out there masquerading as coffee, which can only be improved by adding an adulterant.

In Editor's Roundtable » Jiva Coffee Cubes
May 15, 6:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm