BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 171 - 180 of 417 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...42

Forum » Thread

Lightweight Bear Canisters
You might look at these 2 links, but the product shown is not yet "approved" whatever that is coming to mean. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/orwm_2011_day_3_...

In GEAR » Lightweight Bear Canisters
February 28, 6:32pm

Olive oil
Any recipes for steeping or infusing? Create a mildly flavored topping for rice for ex.?

In Multiple Use Gear » Olive oil
February 24, 8:27am

The Divine Right of Kings
Is in a nutshell what they evidently really believe in. The rest all flows from this. In essence a Titled Nobility. And it's cloaked in the rhetoric of the patriots of the American Revoluti...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
February 21, 7:31pm

Effect of long-term long-distance hiking on health
I guess it goes without saying that walking and lots of it is good for both mental and physical health ( and that statement is clear evidence of what my college philosophy profs would describe as s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Effect of long-term long-distance hiking on health
February 17, 8:36am

Is a dry bag odor-proof
I've been wondering this for a few days and along comes this thread. How about putting the food in a opsak; the opsak in a drybag and the drybag under water? (weighted with a rock I suppose) ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Is a dry bag odor-proof?
February 16, 7:34pm

Effect of long-term long-distance hiking on health
There are probably 2 discussions here: The effect of thru-hiking ( which might be loosely likened to a walking marathon ) and a general lifestyle with daily activity involving as much walking as po...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Effect of long-term long-distance hiking on health
February 16, 1:00pm

cuddle duds warmth
that sounds right. I first looked at them as a very light sleeping layer, bag liner thing; which btw the mld momentum 50 liner looks like a weight saving temp boosting solution to that concern, but...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking, Wal-Mart Style
February 16, 12:17pm

more goodies
Sams and probably walmart also carry Cuddle-Duds which are technically speaking Ahem.... marketed to women. they are VERY light, comfortable next to skin, and hit the sweet spot for me on adding wa...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking, Wal-Mart Style
February 16, 9:08am

Lightest Tent Stakes
By jove Steve you've given me an idea "Rocks work great". and............Have you ever had to camp on a big rock slab, concrete platform, someones driveway:-) What about very l...

In GEAR » Lightest Tent Stakes?
February 15, 12:42pm

WTB MLD Bug Bivy
Busy with work and fighting off a bronchial infection of some sort. Plus yesterday and today not particularly pleasant for setting up outdoors and it has to be set-up for photos to make any sense ...

In Gear Swap » WTB MLD Bug Bivy
February 15, 12:02pm

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm