BPL Community Profile

Nia Schmald (nschmald) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nia Schmald hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nia Schmald has not added a biography yet.
CitySunnyvale
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nia Schmald

Showing 171 - 180 of 590 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: re: Great list!
I slept with my food outside the restricted areas. I did hang the extra food that didn't fit in the bear canister leaving kennedy meadows. But after that I didn't bother. My experience w...

In Gear Lists » PCT gear list
January 05, 2:23pm

Single best piece of advice ever given?
The key phrases I learned from this site: "A pound of knowledge is lighter than a pound of gear." and the corollary: "We pack our fears."

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Single best piece of advice ever given? What's yours?
January 04, 12:34pm

Re: raise the pot
"I could tell that the pot was way too low and would choke the fire." About how high above the level of the would should the pot be in a stove of this size? Just a rough guess would h...

In Make Your Own Gear » 3,06 oz. ikea woodstove
January 04, 10:20am

Re: PCT gear list
No personal experience with thorofare tops and bottoms, but some here have commented that they can run quite hot. You'll be in temps in the mid 80s to mid 90s for most of the spring and summer...

In Gear Lists » PCT gear list
January 02, 5:30pm

Re: Long Haul Gear list
Consider an iPhone. I used it for my journal and was satisfied with the touch screen key board. It also covered mp3. I combined it with an IMP5000 rechargeable lithium battery, weighing just ove...

In Gear Lists » Long Haul Gear list
January 02, 12:59am

Selling insurance across state lines
There have been a number of points raised that I would like to agree with. The first is that we should be able to buy insurance across state lines. There have been 2 basic proposals for doing...

In Chaff » Health Care
January 01, 9:20pm

Why do Americans let health insurance companies ration care
To follow up, the American medical system works well for those who can afford it. It works very well for the rich and powerful. I recently heard a story on NPR about a member of the Yakuza (Japan...

In Chaff » Health Care
January 01, 2:09am

Re: if socialized medicine is so great, why do canadian politicians come here
Not to get into a tit for tat. I think very highly of American doctors. But having traveled over seas and receiving very fine and in some cases better medical care I think this point is sometimes...

In Chaff » Health Care
January 01, 1:27am

Nut Butter Turds
I made a batch of these. I used homemade cashew butter, melted sugar, powdered milk, and a tiny bit of chipotle chile paste. Then rolled them into logs and dipped them in tempered chocolate. The...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » PB & Sugar
December 31, 3:49pm

Re: GF1 and E-P1 weights
The GF1 camera body is listed as 10.1 oz and the total weight including battery, card and 20mm lens is 15.8 oz. Neil, are your numbers actual measured weights of your camera? An extra 6 oz make...

In Photography » Panny GF1—A trekker's take
December 29, 3:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Nia Schmald

Nia Schmald has posted no reviews.