BPL Community Profile

Josh Brock (needsAbath) - BPL Guest

My Locale Outside
About Me Everything outdoors. I also cook...two trick pony.
CitySacramento
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Josh Brock

Showing 171 - 180 of 291 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: tyvek 1.25oz sq/yd
Adam- That is saving you an ounce over tyvek 1443r of a similar size. My point is there is not such a big weight savings that warrants talking about tyvek as though its a heavy outdated option ...

In GEAR » Does anone still use tyvek as a ground cloth?
April 19, 3:38pm

tyvek 1.25oz sq/yd
polycro at GG is about 3.65 ounces? I dont usually use a ground cloth so I had to go look but if you compare that to the 4 ounce ground cloth out of tyvek Im confused? what dos the MLD ground c...

In GEAR » Does anone still use tyvek as a ground cloth?
April 19, 2:53pm

MYOG
I just finished my summer bivy. It is reversible. basically so that one side is water proof(1.1 sil) with noseeum at the head and the other is all no seeum(.8 oz per sq/yd). It also has a velcro...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
April 19, 11:10am

hem um
I got the large frog togs and they were HYUGE. 5'11"+ 200. but they were perfect I just trimmed them to the size and fit I wanted and stitched them back up. trimmed the tops and added a s...

In GEAR » Current Driducks Sizing
April 19, 10:50am

Re: The weight "cost" of an expensive iPad?
"how much of a weight hit do you take in making sure it's protected?" what ever a freezer bag weighs? But if I cared what it weighed I probably would not bring it. I have Ul sleep...

In GEAR » ipad
April 19, 9:24am

More fun thats it.
For me the decision to carry my Ipad was an easy one. 1. I backpack for enjoyment and I get more enjoyment out of my time in the backcountry when I have it. This is not a debatable for me. ...

In GEAR » ipad
April 17, 3:38pm

Tipis
What kind of winter?? I have an eight man tipi from kifaru. This is essentially the same thing made out of cuben. I love my tipi for Snow camping in the Sierras. Espically with the stove. ye...

In GEAR » Cuben Lone Peak - Ruta Locura
April 17, 2:19pm

CCF
Honestly the difference in comfort between the two(to me) is completely negligible. The main difference that I found was the way they pack up one rolls and the other folds. I find the folding muc...

In GEAR » CCF pads
April 17, 11:58am

Pads
So you put comfort at the top and warmth at the bottom? How comfortable are you when you are cold? I have both and like the Z lite better.

In GEAR » CCF pads
April 17, 11:19am

Captain Planet
I dont know about you guys but when im on the trail I DONT pack out my trash. Why? Whats the point? The earth is already poluted you'd be a fool to think you packing out your trash would make...

In GEAR » First impressions: Tundra ethical sleeping bag model Pure-0
April 16, 2:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Josh Brock

Josh Brock has posted no reviews.