Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 171 - 180 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re:
I'll be out there too this year but I will probably be starting a week before you. I think your list looks good. You could probably live w/o a few of the clothing items. And like Jack sa...

In Gear Lists » 2011 Colorado Trail list
February 13, 7:59pm

Quilt
Fritz, The quilt I'll be using is a Palisade from Katabatic Gear. Made here in CO and its rated for 30*.

In GEAR » Colorado Trail in June sleep system
February 11, 9:43am

Re: CT
After this winter I think you could get by with a trash bag for shelter/warmth. I am will also be on the CT late June and I will be carrying a 2.25" quilt + bivy and a tarp. I think a 40* ...

In GEAR » Colorado Trail in June sleep system
February 11, 1:14am

Routine
Big fan of early quick starts. I love catching sunrise and can't think of any better feeling than stopping at noon and having already knocked out 18 miles. Use a mixture of what other people ...

In Philosophy & Technique » morning routine
February 10, 5:58pm

Re:
Thats a tough age group. Cat herding expression comes to mind. Have to agree with Aaron, short and sweet. The meetings I planned either appealed enough to them that they could focus their attent...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Need help with project ideas
February 09, 4:49pm

Re: Smokies Jaunt
Good luck on the hike. I have trail fever so I bought plane tickets a week ago. So, if you find yourself somewhere between Franklin and I-40 between Mar 19 and 26 I can do the vetoing in person.

In Gear Lists » Input on Exceedingly lengthy but good ? A.T Thru Hike Gear List for Mar/April 2011
February 08, 7:46pm

Re: Aviation Nonsense
I use to work on aircraft and by and large the TSA regulations are load of bull crap (and a lot of their justifications are flat out lies). Strike anywhere vs safety matches? Really? Suppose a l...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Matches and the TSA
February 07, 9:31pm

Re:
Seth, Ultimately its going to come down to what your comfortable with. After a week or two you'll be getting rid of stuff like crazy, including the stuff that now feel like must haves. You...

In Gear Lists » Input on Exceedingly lengthy but good ? A.T Thru Hike Gear List for Mar/April 2011
February 07, 8:55pm

Re:
Lengthy indeed. So... this is what I would get rid of. You don't need 2 lighters. "extra" and "just in case" items are dead weight. You don't need a pack cov...

February 07, 4:02pm

Re: Phone and things
@Larry I certainly agree with reducing redundancies. Recently have been on a few trips where I was glad that I had both the beanie and balaclava. And I find the shamwow so convenient and awesome...

In Gear Lists » Finally got the kit to 100% and weighed.
February 07, 8:02am

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.