Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day SUL gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 171 - 180 of 4048 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...405

Forum » Thread

Summit 25
Dale- looks like a great fit; 1/2 liter Platy fits well to w/ it's flatter shape- still wish they would have put two pockets on though. I'll probably use mine to stash my polycro groundshee...

In GEAR » Exped Summit Lite 25 Backpack: Golite Ion Replacement?
July 20, 11:41am

Re: Re: Mutant
Ito- fingers crossed :) Salomons would definitely not work if they are narrower than the Sportivas

In GEAR » Trail runner with approach shoe grip?
July 20, 7:03am

Re: Light 20oz
I'll have to make a little shopping trip to the grocery store :) the "crinkly" 16 oz ones (these are Arrowhead, but I think they are all pretty similar) seem to be plenty sturdy ...

In GEAR » lightest 20 oz plastic bottles
July 20, 6:58am

lightest 20 oz plastic bottles
I've used 20 oz Vitamin Water bottles, sturdy and a relatively wide mouth, but weigh 1.4 oz/each; in contrast I have some Arrowhead 16 oz bottles that only weigh 0.4 oz (and sturdy enough), I&#...

In GEAR » lightest 20 oz plastic bottles
July 19, 6:54pm

well as luck would have it, I won a pair of La Sportiva at the pre-case meeting for the Devil's Backbone- my choice of shoe :) soooo I decided to try a pair of Mutants- I wear a size 10 in t...

July 19, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Mountain Laurel Designs Core ready for ordering
Justin- any initial thoughts? weight to spec? Probably not big enough for the Bob Open though :) Mike

In GEAR » Mountain Laurel Designs Core ready for ordering
July 17, 6:46am

ordered one, going to give the shoulder strap bottle holders a go. I normally only carry a liter as water is usually plentiful, going to try two 16oz "normal" water bottles a try, they...

July 16, 10:55am

Re: Montana Backpacking Trip Planning- Questions
the Absaroka-Beartooth has lots of options, the "Beaten Path" gets you into a lot of nice country (and lakes w/ fish- if you fish)- it's not a week trip however, although there are lo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Montana Backpacking Trip Planning- Questions
July 15, 7:06pm

Dave- the grip is pretty good with the N2's, but definitely room for improvement, especially with wet rock- and yes very possible I'm sol :) The stuff I was in last weekend was a combina...

July 15, 10:49am

just got a (speedy!) reply back from Ron, no modifications for the Core (was hoping for a couple of small stretchy pockets on the sides for bottles); also their little top lid they sell won't f...

July 15, 6:59am

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm