BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 171 - 180 of 1481 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...149

Forum » Thread

Seems TD sells the modified version without pot supports
I noticed that Trail Designs sells the modified version but without the pot supports (even though the cone supports the pot it would be nice to have the supports if you ever wanted to run the stove...

In GEAR » Does anyone use their Caldera Cone w/alcohol or esbit for 2P, and if so, what's your setup?
December 04, 11:21pm

SOLD: W's Smartwool Synergy, W's Vasque Boots, REI Zip Off Hiking Pants, Gatco Knife Sharp Lit and Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack
SOLD: W's Smartwool Synergy, W's Vasque Boots, REI Zip Off Hiking Pants, Gatco Knife Sharp Kit and Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack. Lots of good gear on its way to good new homes. 7 p...

In Gear Swap » FS: MASSIVE SALE: Snow Peak & Evernew Ti, SMD, OR, MEC, Patagonia, Golite, Granite Gear, Arcteryx, Smartwool, Suunto, Packa, The North Face, Hind, Sugoi, Lowe Alpine, Pearl Izumi
December 04, 9:56pm

Thanks Greg & Clayton; Clayton - winter too? Inferno helpful?
Thanks Greg and Clayton. Greg I missed the hotlink first time around. Clayton I agree the 1.3L is more versatile than the .9L for little extra weight, especially if you make your own Ti foil ...

In GEAR » Does anyone use their Caldera Cone w/alcohol or esbit for 2P, and if so, what's your setup?
December 04, 9:44pm

cones for 1.3-2L pots for 2P esbit/alcohol cooking
Thanks Greg and Jeff. Greg did you mean 1.3L pot? How long typically until you reach a boil (nothing scientific, just anecdotal for 3 season conditions)? It's super common to see cones use...

December 04, 8:53pm

Does anyone use their Caldera Cone w/alcohol or esbit for 2P, and if so, what's your setup?
Caldera Cones and similar setups offer great efficiency for esbit and alcohol stoves boiling modest amounts of water. Just curious how many of you use them for 2P cooking when using alcohol or esb...

December 04, 7:41pm

Evernew Ti SOLD
Evernew Ti 900 SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: MASSIVE SALE: Snow Peak & Evernew Ti, SMD, OR, MEC, Patagonia, Golite, Granite Gear, Arcteryx, Smartwool, Suunto, Packa, The North Face, Hind, Sugoi, Lowe Alpine, Pearl Izumi
December 01, 5:59pm

No not moving; See you at the upcoming Bay Area GGG in January!
PS To my Bay Area friends, I'm not moving, just using the email address above from a previous move sale (just trying to avoid spam bots hitting regular email addresses). I'll see y'all...

December 01, 12:51pm

SMD Traveler Pack SOLD
Traveler Pack SOLD

December 01, 12:35pm

R2 Vest, Snow Peak 900, Cloudveil Powerstretch Top, Benchmade 530 SOLD.
R2 Vest, Snow Peak 900 Pot, Cloudveil M's Run Don't Walk Top and Benchmade 530 SOLD.

November 30, 11:23pm

MASSIVE SALE - Lots of new photos
K C, your prayers have been answered. Lots of photos now.

November 30, 10:18pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm