BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 171 - 180 of 1406 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...141

Forum » Thread

@Dean, oops, sorry meant SLX
Sorry Dean, I meant SLX

In GEAR » U.S. denatured etoh for stove use?
January 03, 2:41pm

Minimizing condensation in your Nallo 2
Happy New Year Yang. While I don't have a Nallo 2, I have another Hilleberg, the Allak, and I imagine the inner and fly ventilation mechanisms are the same. I've had great experience ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Nallo 2 Frost and Condensation
January 02, 11:59pm

Clean burning hot alcohol; Anything better than Klean-Strip Green and E-nrg?
Dean, have you found anything better than Klean-Strip Green? Have you tried E-nrg? I tried E-nrg. Burns very hot. It still certainly has nasty additives that smell when burned. While not as ...

In GEAR » U.S. denatured etoh for stove use?
January 02, 10:15pm

E-nrg alcohol fuel results
Tried E-nrg. Agree it burns very hot. But I'm amazed B. Kelly that you didn't detect any odor when burning it. It most certainly has nasty additives that smell when burned. While not as...

In GEAR » Which brand of denatured alcohol? Where to get it in US?
January 02, 10:07pm

Coghlans versus Esbit cost considering weight
Michael, I remember the Coghlan's cubes are much cheaper - do you know what's the difference in weight between the Coghlan's and standard Esbit cubes? Taking weight into account what&#...

In GEAR » how come esbit is not more popular?
January 02, 9:44pm

Women's Xenon Sizing?
Also, can any women here or any of their spouses share any thoughts on the Women's Xenon cut and sizing? It looks like they made the women's version with a thinner mid section, and though ...

In GEAR » Light puffy sizing based on use: Rab Xenon, Patagonia Nano Puff, Montbell Thermawrap
December 29, 2:55pm

Chris - Rab Xenon sizing
Thanks again Chris. When on the trail 3 seasons, sounds like you generally wear your Xenon under your outer shell when you need to, not over it, right? Because we use lighter puffy jackets like...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2012 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 29, 2:47pm

Light puffy sizing based on use: Rab Xenon, Patagonia Nano Puff, Montbell Thermawrap
How do you use and size your light puff insulation jacket based on your use? Up to now I've always sized my light puffy belay style, just large enough so that it's not a restrictive fit ...

In GEAR » Light puffy sizing based on use: Rab Xenon, Patagonia Nano Puff, Montbell Thermawrap
December 29, 2:07pm

Rab Xenon sizing based on use
Thanks Chris, very helpful. Sounds like they are pretty similar for warmth, differing primarily in cut and the Xenon seems a bit lighter. A question about use and sizing: My wife and I use our...

December 29, 1:55pm

How does the Rab Xenon compare with Patagonia Nano Puff Hooded?
Happy holidays and best wishes for the New Year to our BPL family. Thanks for sharing your picks. Gotta love an old Subie - so good in the snow and rain and easy to maintain. Damien or a...

December 29, 12:25pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm