Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dan Cunningham (mn-backpacker) - BPL Guest

My Locale Land of 12,000 Loons
About Me I obviously enjoy backpacking on the lighter side. I work in technology (UNIX - Dev - Mac - Networking - Graphics - Web - etc) and I'm generally quite laid back.
StateMinnesota
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSHT Thru Hike Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Cunningham

Showing 171 - 180 of 409 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...41

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Suggestions on a floor material for a tent
I had no issues with the 30D silnylon in my TarpTents, but I do prefer the 70D in my Lunar Duo, and feel it's worth the minimal weight to me. YMMV.

In Make Your Own Gear » Suggestions on a floor material for a tent
April 05, 9:31pm

Re: SHT Thru Hike - May 2009
Based on the input of some here and also other on the SHT hiker yahoo group, I've updated my itinerary. I'm not leaving my car at the trailhead, and instead will be using a shuttle service....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SHT Thru Hike - May 2009
April 05, 9:22pm

Re: What about stoveless??
Does anyone in this forum go without a "kitchen"? Sid - not a chance. For me, there is a big psychological boost when I cook up a pot of hot beef stew, chicken parmesan veggie pasta, c...

In GEAR » Switching from Canister stove
April 05, 11:49am

Re: Initial carry weight
@ Matt - you know where I'll be May 16th thru May 27th, and the Bushbuddy will be the only stove in my pack. Just show up without a stove! :)

April 05, 8:59am

Re: Alchy vs. Gas
My alcohol stove weighs .5 oz, the windscreen is .75 oz, and the fuel bottle is 1 oz, so a total of 2.25 ounces. It'll boil 2 cups of cold water with 2/3 of an ounce. My BushBuddy weighs 4.7...

April 05, 8:10am

20" Pads and Arms
On any 20" wide pad my arms will not be on it. It's just not wide enough for me laying on my back. I wish they had a 25" wide pad that wasn't 78" long. The 5 ounce weight pen...

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
April 05, 7:18am

Re: Camera for ultralight purposes
I have a Canon 880 IS. It's 6.3 ounces, very compact, 10 MP, has image stabilization, very fast startup, and a wide angle zoom (28-112mm = 35mm equiv) - which is rare on such a small camera. I&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Camera for ultralight purposes
April 04, 5:56pm

Re: MN Ice Storm Worry
In a bad case, the forecasters miss it by calling it something else so people don't prepare properly, the ice brings down small and large power lines alike. You can't evacuate because down...

In Gear Lists » Are You A Survivor?
April 04, 2:01pm

Prepared?
Am I "prepared" for some sort of disaster? Not in the sense that I have put any thought into it at all. I guess I could pack all the gear I needed in about 15-20 minutes if I had to, but ...

In Gear Lists » Are You A Survivor?
April 04, 12:10pm

Re: Frontier Pro
You do if you want to kill off viruses and bacteria. They go right through the Frontier Pro - it only stops protozoa (giardia, crypto, etc). The thing is that tablets take a long time to kill th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Frontier Pro
April 04, 8:30am

All Reader Reviews by Dan Cunningham

Dan Cunningham has posted no reviews.