Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mitchell Keil (mitchellkeil) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Deep in the OC
About Me Mitchell Keil has not added a biography yet.
CityHuntington Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.integrityfa.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mitchell Keil

Showing 171 - 180 of 278 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: Silence is golden, golden....
As the original poster of this thread, I want to request that BPL ban Sgt Rock, Vlad Putin and all of his aliases from the site. We have spent far too much time answering/responding to his posts. ...

In GEAR » To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
January 12, 11:16am

Re: Re: Speaking of Loft (Sleeping Bags)
Richard: Thanks for the reference to the BMR calculator. My BMR turns out to be 1733.04 or about 2% better than the "standard" male. I guess that accounts for why I have felt that MontB...

In GEAR » Speaking of Loft (Sleeping Bags)
January 11, 3:57pm

Re: Re: Re: To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
Thanks so much for the "update" on what footwear manufacturers are doing to provided more substantial insoles. My experience with my pair of Vasque Velocitys bears this out. I have used ...

January 11, 3:32pm

Re: To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
Shawn: Since you have experience with REI footwear dept, I wonder what your take is on one of the questions I raised at the beginning of this thread. Have Footwear manufacturers moved beyond supp...

January 11, 11:08am

Re: Speaking of Loft (Sleeping Bags)
Is anyone Average?? And is such a comprehensive table (good to an STD of 14%)of any real value when 65% of the American Population is overweight and backpackers probably occupy the tails of the di...

January 11, 10:49am

James wrote, "I think the core of the problem is that we are trying to align an objective measure (a "rating") to a subjective evaluation ("comfort"). This is probably a ma...

January 10, 4:52pm

Haven't we forgotten the cut of the bag and its impact on how cold or warm a sleeper feels in the bag? As James pointed out above, stitch through vs. baffled makes a difference, well so does th...

January 10, 2:36pm

To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
Thanks for your comments, James. I went one step further than you did. I even went to one of those clinics that Phil Oren runs and spent boucoup bucks getting customed fitted Superfeet Greens that...

January 10, 2:10pm

To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
That is the question! I have used Superfeet Greens and Shock Doctors in my hiking boots for years and loved them, feeling that they gave me the support and foot orientation that I needed. But as ...

January 10, 12:48pm

Re: How to reduce your pack weight
Inspector Gadget strikes again!!! I wonder if this is for real. My family often calls me Mr. Pcokets when we go traveling in Europe because I wear one of those Multi-pocket vests -- but this is r...

In GEAR » How to reduce your pack weight
January 09, 8:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Mitchell Keil

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Terra Nova Laser Photon
Please remove this "Non-Review" ADDED 9/27/2007 No problem. We all make mistakes. Thanks you

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
September 26, 11:41am

Probar Energy Bar
I was about to write my own review of these wonderbars, when Shawn beat me to it. I have been enjoying these 350 calorie bars for about 3 months and have been using them as my lunch on the trail. The...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
September 19, 11:51am

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
Adding my two cents. Bottom Line on this inexpensive "Rain" suit: I got soaked clear through under my shoulder straps on a windy blow trying to get over New Army Pass two summers ago. ...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 09, 11:24am

Granite Gear Latitude Vapor
Reviewer Stats: Age = 58 Weight = 175 lbs Height = 6'3" Build = Athletic Waist = 34" Backpacking Experience = 30+ years Pack: Latitude Vapor Weight = 42oz size large Waist bel...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 03, 1:25pm

Solomon XA Comp 3D
Personal Statistics: Age: 58 Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" Backpacking experience: 30 plus years Product statistics: weight: 25 ounces. Size: 12. Insoles: S...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
July 05, 1:45pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Personal Specs: Age: 58 Height: 6'3" Weight: 175lbs Backpacking experience: 30+ years I ordered these 7.75oz per pole all carbon trekking poles on a Monday and they arrived from the UK...

In Trekking Poles
July 02, 10:24pm

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Personal stats: age: 58. Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" backpacking experience: 30 years plus. Fitness level: athletic. This is a review of the Mont Bell, Alpine burrow bag number #3...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 1:23pm

Exped Downmat 7
I have used the Downmat 7 Shorty for 2 years now. I live in Southern CA and use it both here and in the Sierras. My scale indicates that the pad itself weighs 21oz and the foam lined stuff sack/inflat...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 25, 4:58pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
Executive Summary: Of all the alcohol stoves ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 27, 3:23pm

Organic Food Bar Omega3 Flax
I posted this review baack on 2/22/2006 in a discussion about Big Sur Bars. I guess it more properly belongs here: OK, since we are considering highly dense nutritious and TASTY food bars, I thought ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 27, 1:47pm