Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike Storesund (mikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mike Storesund hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Mike Storesund has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Storesund

Showing 171 - 180 of 283 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Nice improvements
Matt, It’s been a busy two weeks for you. You have a real good list here. I hope you have not actually purchased all of the changes each time, but more making a wish list before buying. I know...

In Gear Lists » Please help my list out
July 04, 6:36pm

Tarp and Can Stove????
For something that started as a thread on a Tarp and Can Stove, it has gone way off track. I have to commend both Ray Jardine and GoLite for what they have done to inspire many in the quest for ...

In GEAR » Tarp and Sky Island Outfitter Can Stove
July 04, 5:46pm

Ursack is back
Yes, the Ursack is back (sort of), with a new fabric. This new Ursack TKO 2.0 uses a high tech Vectran fabric which, as their site says “has approximately the same tensile and break strength as t...

In GEAR » URSACK BACK!!!! Death to Bear Cannisters!
July 04, 5:01pm

Yes, that long ago
Yes Paul it was that long ago. I remember when I was young teen, I had a girlfriend give me one of those oval shaped stone in the brass setting rings in '69', as it was the latest fad. In fact it w...

In GEAR » which tent to get
June 30, 3:20pm

mood rings
Back in the late sixties, early seventy's (can still be found though) you could get a ring with a stone in it that changes colours based on your body temperature. Amount of moisture may have been t...

In GEAR » which tent to get
June 30, 2:19pm

Thanks PJ
PJ, Thanks. I found other info as well and it seems there was an issue with earlier releases of these carbon poles and the third/bottom section not staying in place. Particularly in colder tempera...

In GEAR » REI PEAK UL CARBON POLES
June 30, 2:08pm

That's the link
Thanks Rich, that is the link I was looking for.

June 30, 12:57pm

RE: REI PEAK UL CARBON POLES
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on the three-section telescoping poles with the REI Peak UL Carbon Poles loosing grip after being set. I thought I read somewhere that some poles (not ...

June 30, 12:19pm

RE: More Bear Boxes
Robert, I agree that not all areas should be treated the same. You said "If bombproof food storage is the answer, why not have a few more bear boxes established? Especially along the backpacker ma...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear canisters in the backcountry
June 30, 10:05am

Bearvault Twist Off
I didn't think the twist off cap used with the Bearvault was difficult at all. In fact I thought it was extremely easy, that was why I am skeptical of how well it works with bears.

In GEAR » Bear Canisters (when they're required)
June 27, 3:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Storesund

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Photon Light Proton Personal Flashlight
I would give the Proton a 4 out of 5 score primarily because of its high cost ($69). It is an excellent light if you need to do any emergency signaling at night or if you need a high intensity beam fo...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 27, 9:11am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
I like the simplicity in the concept of the design. It is a combination of bivy sack and single wall tent with plenty of room that weighs in at 25 ounces. The bathtub floor and netting along the floor...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 24, 1:11am

ULA H2O Amigo
I too am a firm believer in gravity filters. It is a blessing that you can still get filtered water with little effort while you complete some other chore around camp. I have used self made gravity fi...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
September 24, 12:59am

Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine
I believe each post have their valid points. I believe the general consensus, mine included, is that Beyond Backpacking © is something that should be on every backpacker’s bookshelf. I have read and r...

In Books and Media
September 11, 9:20am

Go Lite Speed
I rate this pack a 5. I also have its smaller brother the GoLite Race, which I gave my son. For 2 pounds, not including ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 02, 11:40am

GoLite Breeze
I have to say this is not the worst pack I ever had, but close to it. I do like the simplicity, but the straps are just killer. With 18 pounds I can carry on one shoulder and switch sides, but when ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:05pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
These are great little lights! I have the White, Red and Blue with 2 clips. I wear the White and Red on my lanyard and keep the Blue on a hat clip. The Blue was bought as a joke with the Scouts... H...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 29, 3:58pm

REI Peak UL
I bought these to replace my older / heavier poles. I prefer collapsible poles so I can adjust the height with my tarps and my SMD Lunar Solo. I did the research before buying and was concerned about...

In Trekking Poles
August 25, 8:52am

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I had one of these for almost a year. I thought the four pot supports were a great idea and wish more manufacturers would do so. However I had a few issues and thanks to REI return policy I was able t...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:51pm

Brunton Crux
I think this stove is the next generation of things to come. With a collapsible burner head, it folds over for 3.1 ounces of ultimate compact ability. The oversized burner head offers a better burn an...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:21pm