Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 171 - 180 of 418 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...42

Forum » Thread

Hmmmm...
Kinda funny that we have this long thread and no one emailed ULA dont you think? As an aside - i think i know whats going on: they made a mistake - its not a 20F its 0F and the 2 needs to be ad...

In GEAR » ULA Sleeping bag
September 11, 12:13pm

7D
@brian i would ping Joe to ask if he can do it in 7D. i have a nunatak bag and a goosefeetgear parka done all up in 7D. As its like 100F here now i havent field tested it....but have been playi...

In GEAR » ZPacks Sleeping Bag - a Side Sleeper's Dream Bag!
September 10, 11:04pm

leave in the bag
@rod - I tend to leave it in my bag (that is why i only trust a nalgene so far) ziploc - sounds scary to me YMMV

In GEAR » Pee bottle?? best practices
September 10, 11:47am

WE had fun didnt we
glad to see that cuben fiber came into this somehow @katy - try it yourself...i'm sure no one will notice :)

September 10, 1:06am

A-ha
@david - the engineer comes to the rescue! My main qualm was never the weight - but rather the TILT (if you know what i mean...) just tried it at home now (its like 80F so i boiled) and indee...

September 09, 4:01pm

Hmmm...
thats funny that most of you are so adamant to NOT pee in a bottle.... I never thought about it until: i was hiking in China. Sleeping in a derelict hunter's cabin (i mean it was the type t...

September 09, 2:48pm

Think - bivy
well - obviously in a tent its not that much of an issue. But if im in a bivi or..funnily enough in a hut w people then just sliding out of the bag and peeing in a pot aint so pretty. Nalgene...

September 09, 2:17pm

Pee bottle?? best practices
So I have been using a Nalgene wide mouth 32Oz or a Widemouth 32Oz nalgene soft canteen as a pee bottle. The issue is balancing: 1)obviously weight - even if i use it for normal drinking (dont t...

September 09, 1:43pm

inmarsat
Not sure how it is in the states...but here in israel- especially if you dont hike that often where you would want a beacon - to rent and pay subscription for the SPOT was almost as expensive as re...

In GEAR » My Spot Connect really let me down!
September 04, 5:10am

what ammo?
not a big gun guru...but if stopping power is what you are after you prob also want a high pressure hollow point (not sure who does them now but stuff like +p+ hydrashok or like the old black talon...

In GEAR » FNH Five Seven 1.6lb gun
September 03, 3:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am