BPL Community Profile

Michael Fogarty (mfog1) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Michael Fogarty has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Fogarty

Showing 171 - 180 of 785 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...79

Forum » Thread

Alum stays?
What can HMG Windrider Southwest pack owners tell me about the alum.stays, as to how you keep the stays from coming into contact with your back? Is there an internal foam pad, between the stays and...

In GEAR » Just got my HMG windrider pack
March 19, 10:46am

HMG pack material
From HMG, per Rakesh CF Nylon Hybrid: Used as the primary HMG pack material, this fabric is a unique rip-stop nylon/cuben fiber hybrid. Only slightly heavier than our other Cuben fiber versions...

March 19, 10:37am

Spectra, Dyneema the same, Cuben not
Its my understanding that full Spectra or Dyneema (same thing) are not the same as Cuben, as they are made entirely with Spectra thread and contain little to no Mylar. I had both a MLD Cuben pack a...

March 19, 10:14am

Cuben or Dyneema?
Sweet little pack, is it Cuben or Dyneema. I'd like to see a pack like this in full lightweight dyneema (white) maybe dyed Gray though, like McHale does with their packs.

March 18, 8:02pm

Advantages?
I don't see any advantage to this compared to a TD Sidewinder Ti Cone, with a Evernew 1.3 ultralight Ti pot. I can burn wood, Esbit, and alcohol, and have the capacity to do large single boils ...

In GEAR » The Kettle is coming !
March 18, 7:50pm

Re: Circuit???
+1 for the Circuit.

In GEAR » UL packs with "real" hipbelts?
March 18, 10:27am

A "real" pack with a "real" hip-belt.
Although not ultralight: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/579899924HCFIQA?vhost=outdoors

In GEAR » UL packs with "real" hipbelts?
March 18, 10:05am

Merkebeiner
Here's some pic's of my McHale Merkebeiner: http://image87.webshots.com/87/7/35/11/2525735110100930373ckrvsx_fs.jpg The front Utility pocket contains a MLD Grace Duo Spinntex Tarp, T...

In GEAR » McHale Packs -- Observations & Comments
March 14, 10:09am

ULA or Granite Gear
I'd agree with Granite Gear packs as well, the old Nimbus Ozone or their new Blaze 60, just make sure that the hip-belt is removable or interchangeable. I prefer the side pockets on the ULA pac...

In GEAR » Which Gear to Replace for 3 month AT Hike
March 13, 12:28pm

ULA
I'd recommend a ULA Catalyst as well, its within your price range, and you might be able to score a lightly used pack, from here,off of Gear Swap. You'll have the ability to get a smaller h...

In GEAR » Which Gear to Replace for 3 month AT Hike
March 13, 10:04am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Fogarty

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

McHale Chasm
I bought my McHale Chasm pack to be my one and only do-all pack, and I've not been disappointed in the least. First off, the workmanship is second to none. Next and most importantly is the fit. ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 14, 11:39pm

ULA Ohm
As with all of ULA's gear, their workmanship is excellent. Load transfer is good, and I could remove .9L plattys, from the side pockets, without needing to remove the pack. I would have scored th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 8:29pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
I just recently received my Zip pack, delivered as promised, within 8 weeks. First off the workmanship is probably the best I've seen, easily on par with ULA. The Green Sil-nylon is thicker th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 22, 5:32pm