November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Charles P (mediauras) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Terra
About Me Charles P has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles P

Showing 171 - 180 of 364 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Winter Gloves and Miitts system
I remember as a kid the very technical glove system my parents devised -- socks with a plastic bag rubberband'ed around the wrist! Fun stuff, worked sort of well during the light snow we got ma...

In GEAR » Winter Gloves and Miitts system
December 16, 1:21pm

Re: [bal-uh-klah-vuh]
"Where does it get its name" for 10 points. According to link above: from Balaklava, a seaport in S Crimea, in the S Ukraine, on the Black Sea: scene of English cavalry charge against...

In Gear Deals » awesome $10 balaclava by Geoffrey Beene?!?
December 12, 11:25am

Re: awesome $10 balaclava by Geoffrey Beene?!?
Nice find. How do you say "balaclava" anyway? As in bala-clava? Or, ba-laclava?

In Gear Deals » awesome $10 balaclava by Geoffrey Beene?!?
December 10, 9:35pm

Re: "Solo winter backpacking?"
I have two young kids so the thought of spending 14 hours in a sleeping bag curled up reading, watching movies, etc. sounds amazing and luscious. Never snow camped before but its my mission to try ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo winter backpacking?
December 09, 11:36am

Re: Winter backpacking and 2WD cars with chains?
Maybe you could just rent a car and get the clearance you might need for the couple of trips you'll make. Why buy a serious piece of gear like that for something you don't even yet if like.

In GEAR » Winter backpacking and 2WD cars with chains?
December 08, 11:37pm

Re: Re: Snowshoe In The Sierra December
I'm a noob to snow camping, but would love to join if dates work for me. I'll just keep an eye on the thread and see what develops.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snowshoe In The Sierra December
December 08, 10:19am

Find a pot of gold at the end of a
Double Rainbow. Single wall, but meets all the other criteria. A very good shelter and Made in the USA!

In GEAR » Best UL 2 person Shelter
December 08, 9:18am

Re: Best synthetic summer bag?
Not sure if best, have no experience with it, but another option (though I do like Marmot bags).,141&ft=141

In GEAR » Best synthetic summer bag?
December 02, 10:06pm

Re: Patagonia Cap 2 or Merino 2 for the JMT?
A cap 2 top would be more than enough for August on the JMT, especially in a 20 degree bag (unless you run super cold). It would be a great top to take on the trip. And you won't need any extra...

In Gear Lists » Patagonia Cap 2 or Merino 2 for the JMT?
November 28, 2:38pm

Re: re: PIF
Fantastic PIF and gesture! Very moving.

In Gear Swap » PIF: Need a Knife?
November 27, 5:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Charles P

Charles P has posted no reviews.