BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 171 - 180 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

reviews
The reviews are in depth and very interesting. But currently I can't navigate to them and them seem to have eliminated any sort of organization to the reviews section. My guess/hope is that i...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light Subscription Pricing
December 05, 9:21pm

vermont winter hikes
I should have been clearer: I think your pants will be perfect. I want a pair. Bring a hard shell to carry in case of emergency. I think they will only be too warm on day in which you are stripp...

In GEAR » Will Gamma MX pants be breathable enough for backcountry skiing and snowshoeing in N Vermont in late December?
December 05, 9:09pm

more on snowshoes
I just took a look at the northern lite website and so have some more comments: 1) the bindings look very much like the MSRs, which is good. They are easy to use and work well. The complicated...

In GEAR » help with snowshoe gear!
December 05, 8:00pm

snowshoes
I have been to yellowstone, but not in the winter. But what shoes you wear depends entirely on where you are going and what you are doing. Are you breaking trail? Is so, in how much snow? Are y...

In GEAR » help with snowshoe gear!
December 05, 7:48pm

pants
It is really weather dependent, but generally, I don't find that my legs get too hot in the winter or too cold, a base layer and an outer layer work pretty well most of the time. If you are li...

In GEAR » Will Gamma MX pants be breathable enough for backcountry skiing and snowshoeing in N Vermont in late December?
December 05, 7:41pm

optio w30
I got the optio w30 over the summer for use hiking, kayaking, skiing, and just for general pictures. Although it does take nice pictures, I am a bit disappointed in the camera. I do like that is ...

In GEAR » Best camera for backpacking and packrafting?
November 28, 9:04pm

zippers
I like them both. I prefer pull overs for under and mid layers, including fleece, to avoid doubling up on zippers, and zippers for an outlayer jacket. I think that RAB looks really cool and I wan...

In GEAR » Pullovers Vs. Full zip Jackets
November 28, 3:19pm

dryskin
I think dynamic is too light for winter use (I have a pair). I would go with the medium weight dryskin instead. I think fit is key with softshells to take full advantage of their stretch and clos...

In GEAR » Need help with sof shell pants!
November 28, 7:47am

microspikes
I bought a pair of microspikes and found that they worked really well. For half the weight of the stablicers, they provide more traction. My comments and those of several others who have bought t...

In GEAR » Anyone use Yaktrax, Yaktrax Pro or Stabilicers for traction on relatively flat trails? Light crampons?
November 28, 6:06am

beyondfleece
Beyond fleece will make you a custom jacket based on your actual measurements, that should fit you perfectly. I have had mine for several years, and really love it (the cold fusion). http://bey...

In GEAR » Tall, skinny and unable to find a jacket
November 23, 6:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.