BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 171 - 180 of 1024 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: prefilter
Ken, when you state the micron range for Dudadiesel, that is for the range of all of their filters. They sell pre-filters that average 1 micron, others that are 5 micron, and others with less filt...

In GEAR » ultralight water prefilter
March 03, 1:29pm

Re: Re: Best pre-filter is a 1 oz, 1 micron oil filter from DudaDiesel
Ken, what is the part number of your 1 micron (absolute) filter equivalent to the one I showed from Dudadiesel. What do you mean by "absolute". You'll note the wording by DudaDiesel...

March 03, 1:08pm

Re: prefilter
Brendan, the flow rate is so fast, it's like a filter is not involved. It's only 1 micron, not something really, really small like .1 micron. I think it is also fast because it is such a ...

March 03, 1:02pm

Re: Best pre-filter is a 1 oz, 1 micron oil filter from DudaDiesel
Thanks Anna. Glad this thread came up. I thought prior to today that using a 1 micron pre-filter along with Chlorine Dioxide tablets (but only waiting 20" after use of tabs), that filtering ...

March 03, 1:00pm

Best pre-filter is a 1 oz, 1 micron oil filter from DudaDiesel
http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=PESP3S About $3 I've used this for 2-3 years now. Fantastic. Take a wire clipper and clip cut the steel ring, and use a needle nose to remov...

March 03, 12:31pm

MTR is much more JMT hiker friendly in last 2 summers.
MTR built a lot more tent cabins to be able to take short-stay reservations. They have a separate page for such at their web site. When I was there last year (I've been there 3 years now), th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vermilion Valley Resort (VVR) "Free" Barrel
February 27, 10:54pm

Re: While we're at it....
Our sport is in some sense, timeless, so a thread can re -awaken after 2 years. No problem. It can be fun. I enjoyed the article in the Alaskan newspaper about how the bear reacted. It would be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » a Tasar Gun for Black Bear Protection?
January 31, 5:07am

Re: squall classic
Willy and Tyler, the Squall (and the other two) tents have been sold.

In Gear Swap » 3 Ultralight Tents FS (Tarptent/Gossamer Gear models)
January 01, 11:02pm

Re: Question for 2010 Sublite users?
I like ultralight backpacking but for me the weight of the hiking poles is inconsequential because you're giving your arms an upper body workout with them. So much of the rest of your body is ...

In GEAR » Question for 2010 sublite sil users?
January 01, 5:15pm

Re: I think I met that Bruce guy once, too
Cary, what year/month?

In Photo Gallery » Pictures of 2010
January 01, 2:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm