Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 171 - 180 of 1780 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...178

Forum » Thread

rescue me
I think the rescue me specs state that the battery is good for about 30 hrs. That provides ample testing without impacting the 24hr tranmission.

In GEAR » Ocean Signals rescueME PLB
June 19, 5:54pm

lightest
When it comes to rechargeables, weight is proportional to capacity. If you dont believe this, go buy the cheapest chinese rechargeable you can find and experience it first hand. The energizer...

In GEAR » Lightest AAA rechargeable batteries
June 18, 9:38pm

AAA lithium
Well, not quite. The standard energizer ultimate lithium batteries cannot be safely recharged. These batteries will explode. There are Li-ion batteries, that are rechargeable in AAA size. Ho...

In GEAR » Lightest AAA rechargeable batteries
June 18, 8:10pm

water resistance
There is no such thing as waterPROOF. There are only varying levels of water resistance. I use a cuben hybrid pack,taped seams, expressly so I dont need a cover for another layer of protection....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Waterproofing the pack?
June 18, 4:49pm

solo
I prefer solo , except for compared to being with my son. You meet more people, talk to them more, see more wildlife, do things at your own pace, etc.

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking solo
June 17, 7:04pm

flat feet
Lack of arch, puts the the whole body out of whack. Ankle rolls to side a bit, knee and hip and back all have to shift to compensate. Many peoples back , hip, and knee pains, can start with thei...

In Philosophy & Technique » rehabbing flat feet
June 17, 7:01pm

Seki fire restrictions
http://www.nps.gov/seki/naturescience/fire-restrictions.htm At all fire danger levels, alcohol and esbit seem to be expressly ALLOWED in writing now, in SEKI.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fire restrictions up north here already
June 17, 6:54pm

bear hanging
None would be called "rope" Thin spectra cord, from 0.5mm to 2mm, depending on your preference and tolerance for tangles. thicker cords slide easier over branches under heavy bag we...

In GEAR » Best UL rope for food hanging/multi-purpose?
June 16, 5:48am

stress fractures
Stress fractures are overuse injuries. Too much mileage too soon. Bones can adapt and thicken, but it doesnt happen overnight. Takes months and probably under good nutrition conditions too. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » stress fractures
June 16, 5:41am

back
Very little weight should ride on your back. I have back issues, osteoarthritis, and never bothers me backpacking.

In Philosophy & Technique » Encouragement Needed
June 14, 2:50pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm