BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 171 - 180 of 460 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...46

Forum » Thread

re: trailhead
Landon, the one I'm talking about is actually within sight of the parking at 512. After 369 leaves the AP campground (NO OVERNIGHT PARKING ANYWHERE THERE)and turns to gravel maybe a 1/4 mi.on t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
September 25, 5:07pm

dogs and novaculite
A major component of the Ouachita's is novaculite (latin novacula=razor)It's also famous in the area for making whetstones.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
September 24, 5:53pm

foster's can
OK, I'm sure that this post will cause my Foster can to immediately fall apart, but I have a regular Foster can without ridges, that I made into a pot 3 years ago, and only use for boiling wate...

In GEAR » Protecting a fosters can
September 24, 5:14pm

Wilderness First Aid class
Yes, I've taken the NOLS class and I agree, it's very much worth it. I took the mini cards and laminated them and they stay in my FAK...I had to use them this weekend on the trail.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Wilderness First Aid class?
September 24, 4:31pm

Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG
Sorry for the late reply, I actually just got back from the Lil Missouri trail. Counter clockwise is my preference. As far as parking, 512 has about 5-7 spots, but there's quite a large area on...

September 23, 4:20pm

Re: Resolution
Caleb, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only echo the sentiments of the others here, my condolences to you and your family.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Missing Hiker Last Seen In Montana Backcountry
September 20, 4:39pm

Boys and their toys....
I'm really enjoying starting my day with your posts Douglas :D :D :D. Keep 'em coming!

In Chaff » Boys and their toys....
September 14, 4:41am

Doug
I'm certainly glad that I wasn't in the middle of sipping my morning tea when I read your post :D You are just tooo funny! On a more serious note, I too have paid too much for glasses....T...

In Chaff » New glasses
September 13, 5:20am

re:Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall
Phil, I was just west of there in the Caney Cr.Wilderness last weekend. Water was low but abundant. The Ouachita's are my nearest hiking option and I spend a lot of time there. I will be on E...

September 12, 4:51am

re: Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall
Looks like I should be up there the 1st weekend of Oct to help a friend with his trail maintenance. Doing the entire loop works for me, it's ~27 miles, but again will go with the group's de...

September 07, 6:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.