BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 171 - 180 of 459 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...46

Forum » Thread

dogs and novaculite
A major component of the Ouachita's is novaculite (latin novacula=razor)It's also famous in the area for making whetstones.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
September 24, 5:53pm

foster's can
OK, I'm sure that this post will cause my Foster can to immediately fall apart, but I have a regular Foster can without ridges, that I made into a pot 3 years ago, and only use for boiling wate...

In GEAR » Protecting a fosters can
September 24, 5:14pm

Wilderness First Aid class
Yes, I've taken the NOLS class and I agree, it's very much worth it. I took the mini cards and laminated them and they stay in my FAK...I had to use them this weekend on the trail.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Wilderness First Aid class?
September 24, 4:31pm

Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG
Sorry for the late reply, I actually just got back from the Lil Missouri trail. Counter clockwise is my preference. As far as parking, 512 has about 5-7 spots, but there's quite a large area on...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
September 23, 4:20pm

Re: Resolution
Caleb, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only echo the sentiments of the others here, my condolences to you and your family.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Missing Hiker Last Seen In Montana Backcountry
September 20, 4:39pm

Boys and their toys....
I'm really enjoying starting my day with your posts Douglas :D :D :D. Keep 'em coming!

In Chaff » Boys and their toys....
September 14, 4:41am

Doug
I'm certainly glad that I wasn't in the middle of sipping my morning tea when I read your post :D You are just tooo funny! On a more serious note, I too have paid too much for glasses....T...

In Chaff » New glasses
September 13, 5:20am

re:Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall
Phil, I was just west of there in the Caney Cr.Wilderness last weekend. Water was low but abundant. The Ouachita's are my nearest hiking option and I spend a lot of time there. I will be on E...

September 12, 4:51am

re: Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall
Looks like I should be up there the 1st weekend of Oct to help a friend with his trail maintenance. Doing the entire loop works for me, it's ~27 miles, but again will go with the group's de...

September 07, 6:18pm

re: Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall
Dogs are fine with me. ERL sounds great, and we could hike as much or as little as the group wants.

September 07, 6:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.