BPL Community Profile

drowning in spam (leaftye) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me drowning in spam has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.eugeneleafty.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by drowning in spam

Showing 171 - 180 of 2381 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...239

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: more pads
David, that's a good one! I'd also slice one up for insoles to help my ankles out when they get tired.

In Gear Deals » CCF Pads; Coming Soon
September 24, 10:45pm

Re: Re: Re: anyone order a cheapo tent from here?
Keep an eye on the sale forum here. Last year I saw a couple older tunnel tents go for $50. I want to say they were Golite. You can get a lot of value for $50 if you're diligent.

In GEAR » anyone order a cheapo tent from here?
September 24, 10:23pm

Re: Re: Lol
Also keep in mind that some of the chinese tents are smaller, partly for a shorter population, but also because of wonky design. Franco has worked with and talked about Luxe Outdoor, a chinese ten...

September 24, 10:19pm

Re: Instock Soon and Insulated Ground Sheets
I might be up for a big ground sheet pad for my car camping tent. It'd nicely mask rocks and make walking around the tent a little less cold on my feet.

In Gear Deals » CCF Pads; Coming Soon
September 24, 10:15pm

Re: anyone order a cheapo tent from here?
They're not light, and they're not even that inexpensive. You can do as well or better buying from Walmart and online retailers. I agree that they probably do come from the same factories...

September 24, 10:11pm

Re: quilt comparison -- katabatic sawatch vs enlightened equipment reveleation x 0 deg
Since you know how much down it has and the fill power, you could take a look at the dimensions and figure out the density & loft of each bag. I believe Pertex is less permeable, so that cou...

In GEAR » quilt comparison -- katabatic sawatch vs enlightened equipment reveleation x 0 deg
September 24, 9:44pm

Re: Nobody knows?
Liner fabric isn't nearly as sexy as the fabric for the exterior as it doesn't need to be water resistant or water proof, just down proof.

In GEAR » Fabric Western Mountaineering
September 24, 9:39pm

Re: Does such a product exist?
What about making your own bags? The advantage would be that the bags would perfectly fit your pack without a bunch of excess heavy plastic. I would think that a hot iron would work with some pla...

In GEAR » Does such a product exist?
September 24, 5:59pm

Re: Adult Puffy for first time ever in history of universe
Erik, it's moot for the reason you're thinking of, but there are other reasons for wanting to see it. Finding that old thread, if it exists, can reveal how well this jacket worked, and let...

In Gear Deals » Adult-sized, "down sweater", 800-fill, Costco: $70
September 23, 3:59am

Re: Would something like this be useful?
I see two big issues right off. Multi use items Various sizes and iterations Multi use items Unlike a bicycle, backpacking gear can serve multiple purposes. A poncho is rain gear, shelte...

In GEAR » Would something like this be useful?
September 22, 3:50am

All Reader Reviews by drowning in spam

drowning in spam has posted no reviews.