BPL Community Profile

Kyle Meyer (kylemeyer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me Kyle Meyer has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOR
My Website URLhttp://wenthiking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Meyer

Showing 171 - 180 of 238 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: no ohm or circuit?
I agree about the Ohm & Circuit—both have as much a removable frame as any of the Gossamer Gear or Six Moon Designs packs. The fact that these aren't even considered in the state of the m...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Choosing and Using a Frameless Pack
June 01, 12:43pm

Re: Sleeping Bags
To answer Greg, I've always used down bags and haven't found any issue with using them in even the most damp of conditions. In February, I camped in the Columbia Gorge at 3900' and ...

In GEAR » The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
May 30, 7:06pm

Re: Re: The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
I agree with Dale—windshirts work great out here. I backpacked out fifteen miles today through mostly snow and light rain wearing just a wool tshirt and a houdini and was perfectly comfortable th...

In GEAR » The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
May 29, 10:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Follow up...
The map doesn't care if you have an account, and works for me in Firefox on OSX. Not sure what's going on for you. Feel free to send me an email at kyle@wenthiking.com if it persists or you...

In On the Web » My feature rich backcountry mapping site.
May 24, 5:20pm

Re: Follow up...
Hey Ryan, I'm doing something similar at http://wenthiking.com/map. You can view topo maps (I've found ESRI's are the nicest), draw lines and have distance and elevation calculated, ...

In On the Web » My feature rich backcountry mapping site.
May 24, 4:21pm

Enchanted Valley
Great report Chris; this is such an awesome hike. Here are a few photos from my trip there in early June last year. I met 13 bears (3 babies), and we started calling them forest cows.

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Enchanted Valley
May 18, 7:33pm

List under $1500
This isn't even hard with that much money. I'd switch the sleeping bag out from the list below, and perhaps add a real rain jacket like a Marmot Essence. You could switch to a WM bag, a rai...

In Gear Lists » Creating a new gear list under 1500$
May 17, 5:44am

Debbie Downer
Not to be a downer on this thread, but is this really anything worth lauding? You're going to sleep outside on a warm dry night without map, compass, or any contingency gear, though you're ...

In Gear Lists » Sipsey Wilderness Sub 2 pounds
May 13, 4:19pm

Re: Re: Summer Gear list for the PNW
Agreed. At 5oz, you're better off going with a bivy for a 2oz penalty that includes ground, bug, draft, and splash protection.

In Gear Lists » Summer Gear list for the PNW
May 11, 9:48am

Re: Re: Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
Ursacks weigh 8oz! Plus, it truly is simple to hang an effective bear bag with the PCT method. 2oz for rope and carabiner and 5 minutes can't be beat. I think the tagline of this website sums u...

In GEAR » Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
April 26, 8:47am

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Meyer

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Trailstar
I've now had the Trailstar out over thirt...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 11:43am