BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 171 - 180 of 7898 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...790

Forum » Thread

Re: 127 Hours/Grand Gallery
Artistic license, or poor film making then. Probably the latter. Let's go to a clip...

In Chaff » 127 Hours/Grand Gallery
June 26, 7:57am

Re: Another method for the record...
Old school. Brush on Thompson's Water Seal. Polyurethane. Foam brush works best. No affiliation with the brand.

In Philosophy & Technique » Instructables Waterproof Plastic Maps
June 26, 7:46am

Re: Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
"When accosted by Eco-nazi Prius owners in California gas stations criticizing my SUV, I can usually make them cry." Don't limit yourself to just Prius drivers. Wish I had a Hum...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
June 26, 7:35am

Re: height/length and Duomid
The thickness of the Neoair does eat up a lot of the available length. Especially when pegged to the ground for heavy weather. I was in trouble on a large Neo and size 15 feet had me always touchi...

In GEAR » What is everyone's favorite UL solo, three-season shelter?
June 26, 7:28am

Re: nature and numbers
Wow. French curves get the shaft. Power hungry spirals.

In On the Web » Here's one for the numbers geeks
June 26, 7:24am

Packed tight
how about a photo of what you have going on?

In GEAR » Hints on how to pack a PCT lack tightly?
June 26, 7:17am

Re: Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
Moved north. No A/C, little heat. Bought pre existing home Driving 20+ yo vehicles that still provide reliable, economical transportation Didn't breed Hike more. Use less power ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
June 25, 11:01pm

Re: height/length and Duomid
"maybe the cuben is cut shorter?????" Nope. What pad do you sleep on Mike? Makes a huge difference. As does shoe size, really. The Duomid without inner was doable. With the Solom...

In GEAR » What is everyone's favorite UL solo, three-season shelter?
June 25, 10:44pm

Re: Mike C!
I still miss his presence here. He's fun. Mike that is.

In Chaff » Mike C!
June 25, 7:52pm

Re: 127 Hours/Grand Gallery
Maybe the film is reversed. Happens in editing sometimes. I'm sorry you didn't have anything better to watch.

In Chaff » 127 Hours/Grand Gallery
June 25, 7:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am