Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 171 - 180 of 8648 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...865

Forum » Thread

Re: Added dry sacks...
I'll take the dry bags. Email sent.

In Gear Swap » Closet Cleaning--Smartwool, Patagonia, Outdoor Rsearch, Black Diamond, Royal Robbins
January 02, 8:08am

Re: The Jetboil Sol is Dead
"OK, I'll bite. Why then are they discontinuing the Sol line of stoves? " They must have red Rogers review of their regulator technology and realize that it does not actually do an...

In GEAR » JetBoil Sol update?
January 02, 7:56am

Re: Old Guys Backpacking
Old guys problems. Could you be a bit more specific?

In GEAR » Old Guys Backpacking
January 01, 10:46pm

Re: Hmm
"Btw, Kate, it's called a Thread Injector Machine around these parts, we don't "sew", we "thread inject" geesh :P" No, wrong. That's Hammock Forums. ...

In GEAR » Gatorade 32oz bottles now extinct.
January 01, 7:42pm

Re: PCT section hike - Idyllwild to Walker Pass
As the others have stated, great job. +1 on the nap advice, spot on. I too like Wrightwood more so than Big Bear.

In Post-Trip Reports » PCT section hike - Idyllwild to Walker Pass
January 01, 7:17pm

Re: Too many choices, rain jackets
Picked up a Haglofs LIM II Paclite jacket at STP for $115. Super nice fit and quality of construction. Of course right now we are having great weather. Sleeves with thumbholes that are long eno...

In GEAR » Too many choices, rain jackets
January 01, 7:00pm

Re: Long torso pack
"What happened to the HMG??" http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=96384&skip_to_post=817904#817904

In GEAR » Thru-hiking packs for long torsos
January 01, 6:56pm

Re: Re: Weekender in a ULA Circuit
+1 w/both I've had both

In Gear Lists » Weekender in a ULA Circuit
January 01, 6:44pm

Re: 2014 Staff Picks re NB1210
I assume Sue is rather light. How long do the shoes last for you if she is getting 1000km? I didn't need anything other than the 1000km number, but thanks. I find the midsole and the sole...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 01, 2:14pm

Re: 2014 Staff Picks re NB1210
@ Roger. How many months or km are you getting out of a pair of Leadvilles?

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 01, 12:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am