Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 171 - 180 of 677 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: 1.5" sensor
I stand corrected - the new Canon has a HUGE sensor in a body not much larger than the G12: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-11673-12227 For folks who want high quality...

In Photography » Pick me a camera
January 09, 8:16am

Re: I know netting helps...
"But what i'm looking for is something that if I had to close it all up, I could just lie there in the rain. I do intend to use a micro tarp with it...but thats about it. " Ack, in...

In GEAR » BIVY FOR HOT FLORIDA WEATHER.....
January 08, 3:45pm

Re: Curvy Women! and pack choices?
My wife is a similar body type. Her base weight is in the 14 pound range, so any of the light framed packs would work, but so far none of them has fit and carried as well as her Osprey Ariel 55 (th...

In GEAR » Curvy Women! and pack choices?
January 08, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Pick me a camera
The followups I've seen suggest that the actual sensor size of that new Canon is 1/1.5", not "1.5", which is still p+s size. In any case, it's all rumor until Canon makes an ...

In Photography » Pick me a camera
January 06, 6:11am

Re: BIVY FOR HOT FLORIDA WEATHER.....
A bivy is a great MYOG project. My wife made me one with silnylon for a floor, Momentum .90 for the top, and a large mesh panel over the face and chest. Works well in all kinds of conditions, thoug...

In GEAR » BIVY FOR HOT FLORIDA WEATHER.....
January 06, 6:07am

Re: iPhone Apps
Camera+ for a better camera. MyRadar for a location-based weather radar. Yelp! to find a good restaurant after your hike.

In GEAR » iPhone Apps
January 03, 4:53pm

Re: GC List
You'll want to spend two nights in the canyon. Maybe three if you can get them. A single overnight makes for a very strenuous hike, as the second day is very long and very steep and very relent...

In GEAR » Comfort/Light Weight
January 02, 3:31pm

Re: Circuit customization/drawstring closure
Nathan has the correct answer on the custom top closure - it works fine and has a compression strap. I can't get the roll top compression of the original Circuit to work very well. Having us...

In GEAR » Help! I need a new pack
January 02, 3:21pm

Re: Re: sizes that much different in Circuit v. Starlite?
Two of the drawbacks of the Circuit that Martin mentioned can be ameliorated by asking for custom features. (Politely, of course.) After using a Circuit and an Ohm for about a year, I ordered a new...

In GEAR » Help! I need a new pack
December 27, 2:19pm

Re: Wool
I use very light wool base layers year 'round in the Southern Appalachians. For cold weather use, including three section hikes of Georgia, I carry one short sleeve and one long sleeve layer, i...

In GEAR » best base layer for an AT thru hike??
December 27, 2:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm