Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

kevin davidson (kdesign) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mythical State of Jefferson
About Me je suis un alpiniste, skieur de randonee, marcheur ultra léger, dessinateur d'intérieurs, et connoisseur de microbrew.
moins c'est plus!
Cityune petite ville dans l' ouest
Countryétat libre de l'Orégon
My PDF Gear ListSierra Early Fall 06 Gearlist--lows to high 20's

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin davidson

Showing 171 - 180 of 1333 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...134

Forum » Thread

Fashion deterrence?
Metrosexual Lions and Tigers and Bears----oh my.

In GEAR » Sub 15 oz bear deterrent...
June 26, 7:39pm

What about that?
We know you're not going to give up your beloved Rainbow for this. :-)> Perhaps if it were made of a lighter fabric. How does it perform as a poncho?

In GEAR » Poncho Vs. Rain Jacket
June 26, 7:37pm

deterrence or eternal vigilence
I'd go the humor route----it's lighter. Seriously, there's no 100% deterrent short of Ursine genocide. But I would start by being very, very careful about food smells getting into th...

In GEAR » Sub 15 oz bear deterrent...
June 26, 3:30pm

Epic more prone...
Except it doesn't seem to in my rather vast experience with it, Benjamin. Break out the instrumentation and do a field test, BPL.

In Make Your Own Gear » Epic for pyramid tent
June 26, 3:21pm

Cocoon "Quilt" for 2?
They have a relatively narrow footbox that wouldn't (comfortably) fit 2 people, These don't open up like a rectangular quilt.

In GEAR » Cocoon Pro 90 Quilt for 2 people
June 26, 11:57am

Integral Designs
Yep, I always forget about the ID pants. A very solid alternative for a basic insulated pant. Perhaps a little harder to get in Japan, Miguel, but if you need help, let me know.

In GEAR » Cocoon Pants Already Out of Stock????
June 26, 11:53am

Get your red hot Cocoons!
The Cocoon Side-zip pants in med. are still available. I was tempted by these over the zipless pants...

June 26, 11:41am

Re. Use and Ideas
I would suggest a seperate tarp to act as your kitchen. Cooking inside the Pyramid. even with it's peak vents is going to overload the ability of any W/B to pass that moisture outwards, voila!,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Epic for pyramid tent
June 26, 11:37am

Frustrating? Yes. But not the end of the world
Miguel, there are good solid alternatives---the Patagonia Micropuff Pants and the Montbell equivalent. In some ways they have some advantages over the somewhat lighter Cocoon----namely zips---usefu...

June 26, 11:27am

Oregon is on a roll...
First, Oregon State wins the College World Series and now---Hah! My local running shoe purveyor won the WS100. Congrats, Hal!

In Other Activities » Western States 100
June 26, 8:38am

All Reader Reviews by kevin davidson

Showing 1 - 10 of 59 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
In the Sub one pound category of packs made specifically for backpacking, this is probably the finest blend of form and function---a "practical" SUL Pack that is still composed of lightweigh...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 22, 9:53pm

Backpacking Light Firelite SUL-500 Cookpot
...but I do actually own one of these puppies, so I'll chime in. It's thin, thin, thin and I could squeeze a significant dent into it, in my hand. You don't get this extreme level of light...

In Cookware - Titanium
July 17, 12:55pm

Playpus 2L Big Zip
It's never leaked in it's 1 1/2 years of use and have come to trust it. I generally use this on group trips where it's nice to have larger volumes of purified water on hand in camp situati...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
July 15, 9:01pm

Platypus Platy Reservoir
The dedicated hydration systems by Platypus are more reliable than the "retrofit" of the resevoir into one. The Big Zip is far better to the purpose.

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
July 15, 8:54pm

BackpackingLight.com
Very efficient and friendly CS from BPL. Addie (and Ryan---when A. is on vacation) runs a tight ship----my questions and requests have been handled very promptly and services like running down to the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 14, 3:02pm

BMW Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
Another preliminary review focusing on fit, features and construction. Although many of you might be more attracted with the (on paper) 1 oz. savings of weight of the Cocoon Hooded Pullover, the Pr...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
July 12, 10:13pm

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Pants
I got these to supplement my aging Golite Synergy pants---they have several things going for them. They are very light, very water resistant and have partial leg zips to ease putting on over shoes or ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 06, 12:12pm

MiniBullDesigns SSBIT
Another very fine MBD alcohol stove. This one is a pressurized top jet design that produces a flame narrow enough to use with Heine and Foster can/pots. It was ostensibly designed to retrofit Esbit s...

In Stoves - Alcohol
July 06, 11:51am

ULA Equipment
Brian is not only a great designer of packs, but a great sewer, too, when the seamstress brigades of Logan, UT are fully engaged. He also has entertained us over the last few years with on-line diarie...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 05, 9:30pm

MiniBullDesigns Stealth (ver.1)
This fierce but absurdly light (.23 oz.) little side-burner is great for boiling water in a Snow Peak 600 cup. Takes about 6 min. Burns for about 8 minutes or so on 1 oz. of fuel. This was an earli...

In Stoves - Alcohol
July 02, 11:23am