BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 171 - 180 of 2530 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...253

Forum » Thread

how long does it take to wear out a down sleeping bag?
I know down bags sort of last forever, but how long do they really last with good care, assuming you don't replace it until the loft is severely degraded or the shell material wears out... 500 ...

In GEAR » how long does it take to wear out a down sleeping bag?
February 15, 12:02am

Re: PIF: Patagonia Polartec fleece (heavy weight) tights, size Medium, black
pm sent

In Gear Swap » PIF: Patagonia Polartec fleece (heavy weight) tights, size Medium, black
February 14, 3:55pm

retail vs manufac.
there is a big difference between a retailer and a manufacturer. The retailer has limited knowledge about the quality and workmanship of a product. A manufacture has the knowledge and responsibilit...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 14, 3:49pm

Re: Re: When lifetime doesn't mean forever
A "lifetime warranty" is usually intentionally deceptive. I awlways thought in meant forever, for the rest of my life. But if you actually ask someone working at REI they will tell you th...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 14, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Return dilemma
Lifetime means lifetime of the product, how long you could reasonably expect a type of gear to last. I'm too young to have experienced the old school nylon pu stuff, but I was under the impress...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 14, 1:35pm

paid
Nobody paid for this article. I'm not a subscriber and I can read it. The issue is that people paid for a LIFETIME subscription expecting many years of quality articles. If this site was una...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 14, 12:27pm

Re: Return dilemma
Nylon PU coated stuff isn't supposed to last that long, even if it's well made. The only materials that will last that long are canvas and wool.

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 13, 5:33pm

Re: fire as survival
"Worst is when it's raining. Difficult to get fire going..." Not if you know what you are doing and have the proper skills and firestarting material. "... and keep it going...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 13, 1:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Forum police
Most forums have tools or features that you can activate. You don't need to "write" anything. I do realize we are using dinosaur software hear and transferring data to a new platform ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell wind shirt, Montbell rain trekker, GG The One.
February 12, 11:32pm

Re: Packing a Food Bag
On longer trips I carry 2 food bags, one for cooked meals and one for no cook food. The no cook bag sits near the top of my pack.

In Philosophy & Technique » Packing a Food Bag
February 12, 3:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am