BPL Community Profile

j lan (justaddfuel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale MN
About Me Canoeist, biker, hiker, packrafter, grump.
CityMN
StateMN
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by j lan

Showing 171 - 180 of 550 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Cleaning cookware away from a water source?
Long grass works really really well. This is my standard scouring procedure when I have a fire going to burn the grass. I don't know what I would do with the grass otherwise. Cathole it? Seems ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cleaning cookware away from a water source?
March 08, 6:25am

Re: Re: Annapurna Region - Nepal
I am in love with nepal. Nice TR!

In Post-Trip Reports » Annapurna Region - Nepal
March 07, 3:25pm

Re: Sweepers
Hi Dan, Sorry, yes i was suggesting paddling upstream a little bit to find a place on shore to land (preferably from an eddy) A really good practice for me when i first got my packraft was to pl...

In Packrafting » What you would do? - Sweeper Q / Initial Trip Report
March 07, 3:12pm

Re: What you would do? - Sweeper Q / Initial Trip Report
First of all, thank god you are alive! That story just filled me with dread. I have lost a friend to a sweeper and it is the easiest way to die. Second, how much whitewater experience do you have, ...

In Packrafting » What you would do? - Sweeper Q / Initial Trip Report
March 07, 2:27pm

Re: WTB: BPL Firelite Titanium Esbit Stove and Possumdown gloves size S
Here is the exact same titanium wing stove, but branded as esbit for $13. I love mine so much. http://www.gofastandlight.com/prodinfo.asp?number=C-E-118270&variation=

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Firelite Titanium Esbit Stove and Possumdown gloves size S
March 07, 2:18pm

Re: Re: thx for the replys, i meant free standing
I have the Hubba Hubba HP, I am your height and it works well for me, but is really hard to find. Also it is not all that super light at 3.5-4 pounds. If i had to do it over again I would have gott...

In GEAR » Help--> I'm looking for a light, double walled, 2 person tent
March 07, 8:50am

Re: thx for the replys, i meant free standing
Copper spur 2 is tiny, you won't be able to stretch out and 2 people in it sucks. You can always buy tent poles if you don't want to use trekking poles.

March 07, 8:48am

Re: Help--> I'm looking for a light, double walled, 2 person tent - Tall dude
Here is a tent right up your alley- http://www.lightheartgear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13 Not EXACTLY double walled, but really close and would fit you like a palace...

March 06, 2:14pm

Re: Just received my special combo deal
I also want to give Daps to QiWiz for my combo. Incredible tools! I won't ever feel guilty about packing a saw or a trowel again. High five!

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
March 06, 1:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Need help identifying animal tracks in snow.
Just asking because I have seen Canadian Lynx near that area and they can be up to 41 inches.

In Photo Gallery » Need help identifying animal tracks in snow.
March 06, 1:46pm

All Reader Reviews by j lan

j lan has posted no reviews.