BPL Community Profile

Justin Chaussee (judach) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Earth
About Me I'd rather be fishing...
CitySuck-ramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Chaussee

Showing 171 - 180 of 187 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Hand warmers
Hmmm. This forum has given me an idea for sewing a pocket into a camp pillow or something fitted with a velcro closure that's big enough for a hand warmer. This way, it's not directly tou...

In Philosophy & Technique » hand warmers in sleeping bag
January 06, 9:33pm

Re: Coffee
I couldn't agree more patrick. I'm just not down with the flavered stuff. In my humble opinion, if you have to flavor your coffee with something other than coffee flavor, you are drinking...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
January 06, 9:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: tarp-tent camping
I will check that out right now. Thanks again peter!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tarp-tent camping
January 02, 2:39pm

Re: Re: tarp-tent camping
That is also very helpful jim, thanks! :-)

January 02, 2:17pm

Re: Re: tarp-tent camping
Gotcha, thanks for the info peter. I didn't think there was a difference between a tarp vs. a tarp-tent. Now I know! So correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the major difference be...

January 02, 2:15pm

tarp-tent camping
This may be a dumb question... I have always used solo tent style shelters for camping. I currently employ a eureka spitfire 1 tent. Recently, I have been really trying to get my pack weight d...

January 02, 1:23pm

backcountry coffee
I tried searching the forums to see if anyone posted this question before but didn't find anything. Hopefully, I'm not repeating anything... I was just wondering how other people prepar...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
December 31, 11:18pm

bucket list
interesting topic, thanks for starting this thread. Mine would have to be: 1) The big three in USA, CDT PCT AT 2) The Inca Trail to M.P. 3) Tahoe Rim Trail (I know, not really one of the mo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpakcing Bucket List
December 31, 11:11pm

Fire Pistons
Does anyone have any experience using a fire piston? I saw them on an episode of survivorman and thought it looked pretty cool. I have looked at a few websites but was wondering if anyone had any...

In GEAR » Fire Pistons
December 27, 12:58am

hand warmers in sleeping bag
I was wondering if anyone has tried this before: I was walking through my local REI when I came upon those reusable hand warmers (the kind with the button you snap to activate it, then boil it t...

In Philosophy & Technique » hand warmers in sleeping bag
December 26, 11:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Chaussee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GSI Dualist
This is a very cool system. It's not titanium, but it's still very light for what you get. Also, the price is right at around 30-40 bucks. There are two models, the dualist and the soloist....

In Cookware - Other
June 27, 3:50pm

Big Agnes Lost Ranger
I am a big guy (6'3, 330 lbs). My goal was to find a bag that would keep me warm but had enough room that I didn't feel like a sausage in a casing... This bag is great! I bought the long ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 23, 3:06pm

MSR Pocket Rocket
I've used the pocket rocket for a few years now. I rated it a 4 for the following reasons: Pro: -lightweight -easy to use/light -boils water fast in calm weather -small size fits easily in...

In Stoves - Canister
June 23, 2:26pm

GoLite Jam2
I bought this pack a few months ago after using a Kelty redwing 3100 for years. Not to discredit the Kelty since it is a very reliable and DURABLE pack, but I do not see myself using anything else ot...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 26, 8:35am

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
First off, let me say that there is NOTHING light about either one of these packs. They are not super heavy for what they are (A large daypack and an expedition/extended trip pack) but they do not fa...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 18, 11:54am

Campmor .com
The reason I went with a 5 rating for Campmor had to do with their selection of merchandise and their prices. Whenever I'm in the market for a piece of gear, I always look at campmor first. 90% ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 18, 11:30am