Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 171 - 180 of 747 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...75

Forum » Thread

re: My first major foray into the MYOG world
Mat, The quilt looks great and nice job with the mods! Seeing someone make one just made my day and its a day that needed some help. Thanks for sharing. If you PM me I will email you the layout ...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first major foray into the MYOG world
March 16, 8:21pm

re: MLD Cuben Solo Pro Tarp
Don, This is one of my favorite setups too. Mine is a Cuben Grace Solo and Superlight Bivy (09 versions). My tarp is 6.05 oz with minimalist lines (18.5 trip tease). My bivy is older style and did ...

In GEAR » MLD Cuben Solo Pro Tarp
March 13, 8:31pm

re: Fly Creek UL2 repair MYOG Guys
Joseph, I've studied the pictures and it will definately be a challenge to fix. I actually think the fly is easier than the tent body. The fly doesn't cross any seams so the damaged area is...

In GEAR » Fly Creek UL2 repair MYOG Guys
March 13, 5:57pm

re: Fly Creek UL2 repair MYOG Guys
Joseph, Please post pics. I can tell you what I would do to fix it and if you want it done I will do for free. Jamie

In GEAR » Fly Creek UL2 repair MYOG Guys
March 13, 6:40am

re: FS: fabric remnants from DIY quilt and silnylon tarp - $15 for all!
Diana, I could use the lot. Sending you a PM. Jamie

In Gear Swap » FS: fabric remnants from DIY quilt and silnylon tarp - $15 for all!
March 08, 8:15pm

re: 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
The SNP has one of the best set of trip guides I have seen on any of the NPS websites. Here is a link the all the trips. SNP_Trip_Guides Take a look at the 3 and 4 night trips they will h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
February 27, 5:32am

re: 4.9oz m50 down jacket
Brendan, Absolutely incredible! I think you just created the perfect jacket. I really like the slight angles in the vertical baffles. The down fill looks extremely even. And again the orange color ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4.9oz m50 down jacket
February 21, 7:21pm

2.5 Day Food List
Here is my typical 2.5 day food list. Breakfast is usually eaten on the way to the trail. I would like to make it even simpler and less costly, but for now it works well. Even though it is only 20 ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » We have gear lists, but what about food lists?
February 19, 7:51pm

re: Nunatak .8 oz Pertex Quantum
Based on rough estimate of surface area I calculate the savings to be 1.15 oz for a medium sized bag. Another estimate...If you assume an arc alpinist weighs 20 oz in 1.0 oz pertex has 11 oz of dow...

In GEAR » Nunatak .8 oz Pertex Quantum
February 18, 8:04pm

re: Never Used Gear
I've bought a lot of gear over the past few years and sold some of it with fairly few nights on it. In my case I like to buy and try gear. I learn alot about manufacturers, materials, and types...

In Chaff » Never Used Gear
February 12, 8:22am

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.