BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 171 - 180 of 746 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...75

Forum » Thread

re: MLD Cuben Solo Pro Tarp
Don, This is one of my favorite setups too. Mine is a Cuben Grace Solo and Superlight Bivy (09 versions). My tarp is 6.05 oz with minimalist lines (18.5 trip tease). My bivy is older style and did ...

In GEAR » MLD Cuben Solo Pro Tarp
March 13, 8:31pm

re: Fly Creek UL2 repair MYOG Guys
Joseph, I've studied the pictures and it will definately be a challenge to fix. I actually think the fly is easier than the tent body. The fly doesn't cross any seams so the damaged area is...

In GEAR » Fly Creek UL2 repair MYOG Guys
March 13, 5:57pm

re: Fly Creek UL2 repair MYOG Guys
Joseph, Please post pics. I can tell you what I would do to fix it and if you want it done I will do for free. Jamie

In GEAR » Fly Creek UL2 repair MYOG Guys
March 13, 6:40am

re: FS: fabric remnants from DIY quilt and silnylon tarp - $15 for all!
Diana, I could use the lot. Sending you a PM. Jamie

In Gear Swap » FS: fabric remnants from DIY quilt and silnylon tarp - $15 for all!
March 08, 8:15pm

re: 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
The SNP has one of the best set of trip guides I have seen on any of the NPS websites. Here is a link the all the trips. SNP_Trip_Guides Take a look at the 3 and 4 night trips they will h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
February 27, 5:32am

re: 4.9oz m50 down jacket
Brendan, Absolutely incredible! I think you just created the perfect jacket. I really like the slight angles in the vertical baffles. The down fill looks extremely even. And again the orange color ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4.9oz m50 down jacket
February 21, 7:21pm

2.5 Day Food List
Here is my typical 2.5 day food list. Breakfast is usually eaten on the way to the trail. I would like to make it even simpler and less costly, but for now it works well. Even though it is only 20 ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » We have gear lists, but what about food lists?
February 19, 7:51pm

re: Nunatak .8 oz Pertex Quantum
Based on rough estimate of surface area I calculate the savings to be 1.15 oz for a medium sized bag. Another estimate...If you assume an arc alpinist weighs 20 oz in 1.0 oz pertex has 11 oz of dow...

In GEAR » Nunatak .8 oz Pertex Quantum
February 18, 8:04pm

re: Never Used Gear
I've bought a lot of gear over the past few years and sold some of it with fairly few nights on it. In my case I like to buy and try gear. I learn alot about manufacturers, materials, and types...

In Chaff » Never Used Gear
February 12, 8:22am

re: Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
Mike, I truly appreciate your reply. I am glad to hear you could use some of my stuff to help. It sure sounds like you are on your own journey as well and ready to try to go farther. You have the s...

In Gear Lists » Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
February 12, 6:19am

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.