Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim MacDiarmid (jrmacd) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Jim MacDiarmid hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jim MacDiarmid has not added a biography yet.
CityNYC
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Winter Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 171 - 180 of 1079 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...108

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Who Makes Down Hoods?
I just ended up wrapping my Ex Light down jacket around my head when I slept A classic 'duh' moment; I'm bringing my UL Down Inner Parka along as insulation. I was thinking that I ...

In GEAR » Who Makes Down Hoods?
August 25, 10:30am

Re: blackrock gear
Yes, after I posted I remembered the Black Rock Beanie. Thinking out loud, I wonder if the Beanie in combo with a hoodie (patagonia R1 or BPL Beartooth) would be enough? The advantage of ...

August 24, 2:51pm

Who Makes Down Hoods?
I'm looking for a down hood to supplement my quilt when the temps drop below freezing. Above that I've found myself okay with the hood of my hoody and a beanie if I need more. I know of:...

August 24, 2:25pm

FS: Sea to Summit Event Compressions Sacks, TNF Skareb 55
Bump.

In Gear Swap » FS: GG Whisper, TNF Skareb, Event Compression Sacks, Hiker Pro
August 23, 7:17am

Re: Pack suggestions. UL but lots of food.
SMD Starlite? It's my winter pack of choice. Technically, it has the same 4200 cubic inch volume of the Circuit, but the main pack body + extension holds 3400ci vs 2900ci for the Circuit. S...

In GEAR » Pack suggestions. UL but lots of food.
August 21, 11:32am

Free (plus shipping) Timberland Winter Boots
SOLD shipped USPS Priority. Size 11.5 Timberland Wapack boots Edit: Priority established via PMs. About 4 years old, worn outside only a couple times. Impulse buy at DSW and they're just...

In Gear Swap » Free (plus shipping) Timberland Winter Boots
August 19, 4:14pm

FS: GG Whisper, TNF Skareb, Event Compression Sacks, Hiker Pro
Paypal payments only. USPS Priority shipping (Edit: CONUS. will ship elsewhere at actual cost) included in price. The North Face Skareb Pack - $60 Size Large. Includes pack cover. See spec...

In Gear Swap » FS: GG Whisper, TNF Skareb, Event Compression Sacks, Hiker Pro
August 19, 12:32pm

Department of Goods Coupon: $20 of $60 order
departmentofgoods.com - used to be backcountryoutlet.com, I believe Three one-time coupons for $20 of a $60 order, first come, first served: 5CD-1P42-PLMEW 5CF-DVF-WLKZ2 5CF-1M4R-SD09X

In Gear Deals » Department of Goods Coupon: $20 of $60 order
August 18, 3:35pm

Re: How fast do you hike?
I've never kept a log of distance and time and I wish I had. I'm going on 170 mile thru-hike in October, and I'm conservatively budgeting 2.5mph while moving. Most days I'll be cov...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 4:28pm

Re: Is it time to move to a frameless pack?
You're a member, so read this wonky but interesting article by Dr. Jordan Frameless Backpacks: Engineering Analysis of the Load Carrying Performance of Selected Lightweight Packs" As Ma...

In GEAR » Is it time to move to a frameless pack?
August 16, 3:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
I ordered a Gorilla backpack from Gossamer Gear. It's my first venture into UL packs. I ordered a medium, and after trying it on for a few days and not finding it completely comfortable, I worri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 15, 5:39pm