BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 171 - 180 of 668 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...67

Forum » Thread

Are pants really necessary on the PCT?
Do you want to increase your chances of getting skin cancer? If yes, wear shorts. If no, wear pants. That's my take. I live in AZ and always hike in long pants, long sleeves, sun glov...

In GEAR » Are pants really necessary on the PCT?
December 17, 9:53pm

Re: Re: ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
I never thought of sending it back - I had been using it for a few months, but that was the 1st time it saw any serious amount of water. I tried seam-sealing the seams, but it mostly flaked off aft...

In GEAR » ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
December 17, 7:46am

Re: ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
I have one with taped seams. I filled it up with some water and found it leaked at the corners and seam intersections. I discovered this because I had my sleeping bag in one, and after a long r...

In GEAR » ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
December 16, 6:27pm

Re: 40L vs 50L
Be sure to look at the main pack volume. The ULA Ohm, for example, is: Main body: 2100 cubic inches Extension collar: 500 cubic inches So in reality it only has about 2600 cubic inches or 42...

In GEAR » 40L vs 50L
December 16, 7:50am

Re: UltraClub
I'd guess that 9.4oz refers to the fleece weight in oz/sqyd and not the total item weight.

In GEAR » 100 weight full zip Fleece Hoody under 13 oz?
December 14, 3:55pm

FS: SMD Refuge
EDIT: sold! I'm selling a Six Moon Designs Refuge tent I purchased here about a month ago. Link to post where I purchased it: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/...

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Refuge
December 09, 7:23pm

Re: Me on the trailcam looking a bit worried
You've posted some great pictures here. Mountain lions can be scary - glad you are taking some precautions! I've seen two mountain lions in the past two years. One from the safety of my ...

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
December 04, 9:35pm

Re: Speedmid
I told him it was shorter than I expected and that I'd like to return it. He offered no explanation for the height discrepancy but said I can return it. So it seems my main beef with the Sp...

In GEAR » MLD Speedmid Problems
December 03, 10:53am

Re. Speedmid
I already said the weight and color discrepancies were fine (but not great). Stuff sack plus guylines will not be 2.3 oz And regarding the stated height on the MLD page, it used to say 4.5' ...

December 03, 10:00am

MLD Speedmid Problems
I recently purchased an MLD Speedmid and have some problems with it. The tarp arrived yesterday. The first thing I noticed is that the color is more of an orange-gold than bright yellow. Compar...

December 03, 8:02am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.