BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 171 - 180 of 743 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
I had actually considered the Pecos (it's been on my list for a couple years now), but I forgot to mention I don't want to fly, so it'd be a far drive from OR. Thank you for the SN...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
March 19, 10:26pm

Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
I am looking to plan a 7+ day trip in early June. I'm currently in OR, but my hiking buddies are in AZ, so I was thinking we could meet in the "middle" - maybe somewhere in Utah or We...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
March 19, 9:41pm

Re: First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
I got to try out my quilt this past weekend. Temps got down into the low 30s. My lower half was fine, but my upper half was a little cold since the quilt turned out to be too short. By the time I a...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
March 17, 9:14pm

Re: Delmar's X
The idea works. See my description here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=59825&skip_to_post=663253#663253

In GEAR » First impression: MSR Hubba Hubba NX
March 12, 10:28pm

Re: First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
Yea, the sewn footbox saves a lot of weight and bulk vs a drawstring footbox. I mainly intended this as a warmer weather quilt (my down quilt is good to at least the upper teens), but we'll ...

March 11, 11:56am

Re: Paradox Unaweep
Do you have any close-up photos of the side pockets or harness? And is the Talon removable, or is it required for compression?

In GEAR » Paradox Unaweep
March 11, 10:10am

Re: Re: cool
"That works to just sew it together" Good to know - thanks. It feels plenty strong so I think it will be fine.

March 11, 9:39am

Re: cool
Thanks, I like the color combo too. I was not actually sure how to sew up the leg part once I turned everything inside out, so I just stitched the pieces together. And I realized after I finishe...

March 10, 10:50pm

First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
After making some stuff sacks, a groundsheet, and some synthetic insulated mittens, I decided to try making a quilt. I used 5oz Climashield Apex from Thru-Hiker for the insulation and some Argon fa...

March 10, 10:09pm

re: montbell bags
12 oz of fill in a 25 degree bag that weighs 24 oz does not seem very impressive.

In GEAR » New Montbell bags
March 08, 7:36am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.