Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 171 - 180 of 1113 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...112

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cuben tunnel... Tested
That is a beautiful tent! Looks very well done

In Make Your Own Gear » myog mountaineering cuben tunnel tent?
March 27, 2:46pm

Pack for 30lbs
Almost every lightweight pack has 30 lbs listed as its upper limit. If you plan on rarely carrying 30 lbs, and your load will be much less most of the time, then you have lots to choose from, depen...

In GEAR » Good lightweight pack for about 30lb?
March 27, 9:21am

Re: Re: Re: Peanuts
Interesting, my water bill always reads my usage at 1000 gallons per month. I assume that's the minimum the city will bill for. My yard is small though and I don't water it (the mesquite tr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
March 25, 8:42pm

Re: Re: Unaweep-inspired internal/external hybrid pack
The pack looks great. I also have a narrow waist and found the spacing between the bolts on the Unaweep to be too far apart. I couldn't get a good wrap with the hipbelt at heavier loads, and I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Unaweep-inspired internal/external hybrid pack
March 24, 3:45pm

Re: Re: zig zag
I use the "x-box" for tie-outs. Maybe a "Z" would be sufficient. They both seem to be stronger than bartacks

In Make Your Own Gear » Tie Out Strength Tested by Oware
March 19, 1:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Zpacks Arc Haul First Impressions!
Thanks, John. This pack looks really promising (I think it could hit the sweet spot for MANY backpackers), and that bar was my only real concern.

In GEAR » ZPacks Arc Haul
March 18, 4:17pm

Andrew Skurka - Core Clothing
Andrew Skurka is putting up a long series of blog posts all about clothing. I thought some may find it interesting or helpful. Here is the intro:

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka - Core Clothing
March 18, 10:10am

Re: Re: Has anyone tried the Backcountry Bonzai Chevron Blanket only 12.3 ounces
I don't see 32 degrees listed anywhere. They specify one inch of loft. Is it sewn thru? I think 50 degrees is a more accurate temp rating I would just buy an Enlightened Equipment quilt for ...

In GEAR » Has anyone tried the Backcountry Bonzai Chevron Blanket only 12.3 ounces
March 17, 11:13pm

Re: Zpacks Arc Haul First Impressions!
I look forward to hearing how it does with more weight. Can you feel the bar on the back of the hipbelt? Do you think you will at heavier loads?

In GEAR » ZPacks Arc Haul
March 16, 5:31pm

Re: Backpack Selection Advice
I think the Exped Lightning 60 meets all your listed requirements. REI carries it, as do many other stores I would not choose any ULA pack for above 30 lbs.

In GEAR » Backpack Selection Advice
March 16, 2:32pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.