BPL Community Profile

John Brown (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Brown has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brown

Showing 171 - 180 of 330 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...33

Forum » Thread

BPL partnership with Polaris
Ryan Jordan just gave me permission to disclose that BPL has entered a partnership with Polaris to develop a JetPack that burns merino wool. The 7 oz version can jet you up to 7000 feet, the 12 oz...

In Editor's Roundtable » FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: BACKPACKING LIGHT SEEKS PARTNERSHIP WITH OHV/ORV COMMUNITY TO PROMOTE MULTI-USE HARMONY IN AMERICAN WILDERNESS
March 31, 11:40pm

09 hardrocks
Thanks for the updates, this is good news. Also a hardcore, hardrock user, bummed about the changes in 08/Columbia, been buying old pairs online wherever I can find them.

In GEAR » New 2009 Montrail Hardrocks
March 01, 9:25pm

navigation
USGS topo map and suunto baseplate compass, can't remember the model...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use for navigation?
March 01, 1:58pm

Poison Oak!!!
To sum up: on a multi-day trip, you're screwed if you touch it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poison Oak!!!
February 25, 12:54am

Pants for poison oak
When backpacking, how do you get pants on/off without contaminating yourself? Same for shoes...

February 23, 2:20pm

Poison Oak!!!
Saw my folks up in southern Oregon over Christmas, went traipsing around in the woods with not a care in the world, only to discover that poison oak can strike even in the dead of winter, with nary...

February 23, 1:47pm

VNP
Hiking out to Halape and environs is a lifetime must do, amazing, amazing place. Hot, bring hat obviously. And the roaches are no joke. A buddy of mine and I hiked down w/ no shelter at all and ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Info needed- backpacking on the Big Island-Volcano NP
January 31, 12:40am

SOLD
SOLD! Thanks Joe, heading down to post office shortly...

In Gear Swap » ULA Circuit
January 24, 12:40pm

ULA Circuit
C'mon dudes, somebody wants this pack. Make me a reasonable offer...

January 22, 10:06pm

ULA Cicuit
Make me a reasonable offer folks! Great chance to try/get the pack cheap. Email me at jhwitt at gmail dot com.

January 01, 7:17pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brown

John Brown has posted no reviews.