Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lucas Boyer (jhawkwx) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W
About Me Having been a backpacker off and on since the early 90's when a trip to Philmont infected me w/ the bug, I have transitioned over to a lighter kit. My first encounter with UL backpacking was some CDT thru-hikers I met in New Mexico. I went home and combed the web, found BPL, and the rest is history. Right now, I'm between jobs, working at a local running shop and have been doing a little freelance writing, hoping to find a voice for a writing career perhaps. Previously, I have obtained a meteorology degree and master's degree in secondary educ.
CityLawrence
StateKS
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.hobohiker.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListOHT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lucas Boyer

Showing 171 - 180 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

white lines?
Lance, are the white lines you have on the tarp the markings for usable sleeping space? What pattern are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

In Make Your Own Gear » Catenary Help
October 01, 9:01am

evernew
dibs on the evernew.

In Gear Swap » Time to sell some things!
September 30, 11:26am

hmmm....
how about a myog mesh stuff sack w/ some grosgrain hoop to run a strap through. might not be the most aerodynamic packing arrangement, but would ensure your can didn't run away down the mountai...

In GEAR » Jam2 and bearikade expedition bear cannister
September 24, 8:15am

Ruffwear
I'd second the recs for the Ruffwear packs. I bought one of the Palisades packs a couple of years ago when the harness and pack came in 2 pieces and the pack had the tin foil water bladders. Th...

In GEAR » Dogs & Gear/UL Backpacking
September 23, 9:02am

Appreciate the Input
To all of you that have offered suggestions, thanks. This forum has one of the best knowledge bases on gear that I have found. Must be why I come here religiously every morning! Mary, I've c...

In GEAR » Short MLD Exodus Owners?
August 25, 8:17am

thanks
Jeremy, I read your recent review on the Exodus and I'm sure we will exceed 20 lbs., especially on the first couple of resupply days. The MLD site says that approx. 70% goes to waist and 30% on...

August 20, 8:34pm

Short MLD Exodus Owners?
In an ongoing effort to fit my wife w/ a UL pack, I'm wondering if any of you or your significant others have the small version of the Exodus. My wife is 5'2" and we have tried GoLite...

August 20, 1:58pm

Re; sierra designs
I would go w/ the S.D. We have an Electron that me, my wife, and our two 40+lb dogs fit in. It's slightly heavier than the one you've selected. I carry the footprint and tent, my wife take...

In GEAR » Help deciding on a tent
August 14, 1:27pm

re: thanks
Brad, that's useful info. I might send my Ohm back to ULA here when they get back up and running over the winter and have them replace my hipbelt w/ a medium. I am really digging this pack and ...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
August 14, 1:21pm

re:ohm hipbelt
Michael, I like your beefed up version of the hipbelt. I'm not even dissatisfied w/ the size of the belt. I like the simple version that's provided. I just prefer my hipbelt to stay over my...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
August 14, 8:14am

All Reader Reviews by Lucas Boyer

Lucas Boyer has posted no reviews.