J W (jhaura) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me http://www.facebook.com/JhauraWachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 171 - 180 of 600 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...60

Forum » Thread

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Houdini Windshirt Men's L, Silver w/Tags
March 05, 12:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Sierras in late march
March 23-25. Nick says he is in, pending spousal approval. I pm'd you...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierras in late march
March 05, 11:25am

Re: Sierras in late march
Cody, re: Sespe. I need to survey the trail for the forest service back near the Hot Springs. Can you do 12-15 miles per day? It would be a 3-4 dayer... Maybe we could hook up with Nick for the tri...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierras in late march
March 05, 12:02am

Re: PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)...
Yes Dustin, the thecameleer.com are the same. However it's $28 + $8 shipping = $36 (plus tax for VA). As opposed to $32.40 that I can get them for...I think $8 shipping is a little high for a 2...

In GEAR » PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)...
February 29, 11:20pm

Re: thick thread problems re backpack 0- tips?
Harald, Gutermann Mara 70 (Tex 40) avail here for $3.50 for a 765yd spool (as mentioned by R Wilks in the other thread): http://www.diygearsupply.com/cgi-bin/shelf.cgi?numb=46 And the Tera...

In Make Your Own Gear » thick thread problems re backpack 0- tips?
February 29, 11:11pm

Re: Thread / Needle / Fabric combination consensus?
Some points to add... Some confusion is happening with the 100M info above. That refers to the length of thread on the spool, it's not a product number. Bonded thread is for high speed in...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thread / Needle / Fabric combination consensus?
February 29, 9:05pm

Re: PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)...
From what I can tell, the ones from EcoWool and ShopNewZealand ARE NOT the same as the ones I am sourcing (the furrier ones once sold here on BPL). For those who ordered from the two sources abo...

February 29, 7:28pm

PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)...
EDIT March 28, 2012: NOW IN STOCK: Original PossumDown Gloves $29.95 / pair + $2.45 Shipping (3.95 for 2 pairs). Total = $32.40. Tax only for California residents. (For price comparison BPL ...

February 28, 7:22pm

SOLD: Ursack S28 2008 Green Model
SOLD Near new condition, just the sack not the aluminum liner. $45 shipped.

In Gear Swap » FS: Ursack S28 2008 Green Model
February 28, 10:52am

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL Vapor Mitts, Platypus Drinking Tube, Platypus Tube Cleaning Kit
February 28, 10:17am

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm