BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 171 - 180 of 845 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...85

Forum » Thread

I like Smartwool... but dislike the Adrenalines...
The adrenalines actually have more padding than I like. I much prefer the smartwool ultralights. I plan on trying darn tough merino's as well. I also luv the feel / fit of my injinji cool...

In GEAR » Backpacking socks?
February 02, 1:55pm

Re: Insul Brite
Hmm... or just buy a could FBC Cozies and add string... then they'd be dual use. Or at least one of them could be... or if you want to avoid odors, if nothing else FBC Cozies would be a inexpen...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric for "toe cozies"
February 01, 4:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Flax Seed = Egg Substitute
"It's on page 27 of A Fork in the Trail if you have it." Actually, didn't know it existed until this thread. ;) It's now on my 'list to buy'.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » flax seed
January 29, 11:56am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Still confused about the pressure regulator...
Yeah, the low pressure requirement will allow the stove to function down to a much lower temp than standard canister stoves, as well as eke out more of the fuel. However, there's still a limit ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide - Deadly or Not?
Part 3: Laboratory Measurements for Canister Stoves

January 29, 6:33am

Re: Flax Seed = Egg Substitute
Laurie, I presume that means ground to flour-like consistency? Wouldn't one need to add a bit of moisture as well? (most likely simply increasing another moist ingredient somewhat) Surely th...

January 29, 6:30am

Re: Re: flax seed
I'm pretty sure the post was about milled flax seeds rather than flax seed oil (both of which are fairly nutritious)... Hmmm... talking about mixing oatmeal with flaxseed, one could also boo...

January 28, 1:48pm

Re: WTB Titanium Foil
Ti Goat - http://www.titaniumgoat.com/windscreens.html

In Gear Swap » WTB Titanium Foil
January 28, 1:36pm

Re: Oware Alphamini's at BPL?
Er... The guys who designed it (can't rememeber his names) mentions that the alpahmids are designed with a flat front for a reason... mostly so that you can but it up close to a tree for added ...

In GEAR » Oware Alphamini's at BPL?
January 28, 9:45am

Re: Five Fingers
See, I actually like walking barefoot around camp and outdoors areas... it stretches out my feet and rocks provides a bit of shiatsu-type pressure... I'm just always worried about stepping on a...

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers in KS
January 25, 8:47pm

Vibram Five Fingers in KS
Ha! Just a note to mention that I'm stoked that my local Backwoods is carrying the Five Fingers here in KS now (still doesn't show on the five fingers website). I've been anxiously w...

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers in KS
January 25, 12:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am